STOP ERROR!!!!

2»

Comments

• ka0s wrote:
    BTW he doesnt like Vista "because its insecure since there is no SP1 for it yet"

hahahaha!! :lol:

Anyways, if the laptop came with Vista, it obviously would have the necessary drivers for Vista, why not just keep it on there?

and Vista's security > XP SP2's or atleast its supposed to be

Wikipedia artical: Semi-long ass URL
  • MSs security doesn't help me, it just hinders me. It's very annoying. I have a router as a firewall and my own AV and Anti-Spyware programs. Plus Vista was super secure from Beta 2.
  • I have yo admit you can tell they're trying better then in XP, but at the same time things like UAC are insanely annoying when you're customizing after an install or when it loses your preferences. Thankfully you can force it to default to auto-granting permission.

-Q
  • Yeah, but I personally I think UAC should be a setup option so if your really paranoid about security you can have it on.
  • I give them credit for it, but it's not for me.

-Q
  • UAC was an idea they *finally* put in after years of OSX having it, and *nix. It is a great feature if the computer is used by more than one person, or if you want to know you have a little bit more security.
  • Yeah, but MS took it too far. Anytime you have to change any little setting in Vista, the UAC window pops up. No doubt it's a good idea, but MS screwed it up.
  • With System 10 atleast when you give it your password all control panels recognize it, which helps there. It would be nice if you could select "Vista-style" or "Macintosh-style".

-Q
  • MS just caught up to what Apple had 7 years ago...
  • Too bad Apple can't catch up to what IT had in the past.

-Q
  • Meh, I personally didn't like the Mac OSes before 9.
  • System 6 was the BEST ever, although 7/7.5 deserve their share of the glory.

-Q
  • I didn't like it, at the time Microsoft had Apple beat IMO.