Favorite partitioning program

What programs does everyone like to use for partitioning? One of my favorites is system commander. That may sound wierd but it includes a partitioning utility built into it. I like it a lot.

Comments

• The program in systemcommander is a lite version of partion commander.

I mainly use partition magic under DOS, and then install the various OS into these partitions. Suppose there's DFSEE as well, if you are into that sort of thing.

Sometimes, i use fdisk, too.
  • fdisk in DOS
    Gnome Partition Live! Cd
    Symantec Partition manager
  • gParted
  • What ever the OS I'm installing uses. Which is Fdisk for Dos and 9x and the Fdisk for NT series. When I used DSL (Damn Small Linux) I set my partitons in windows then reformatted them with it's partiton manager.
  • Acronis Disk Director
  • Standalone, I use DOS fdisk mostly. However, if I'm an operating system, I'm obviously going to use their included partitioner, IE. What L3 said.

-Q
  • Partition magic
  • For just basic partitioning, I like DOS's fdisk just fine. But for more complex partitioning, and resizing, etc... I have some disk I downloaded. It can actually resize NTFS partitions really easily and such, just boot to it. If someone wants it, I can RAR it. tongue.gif

-Kirk
  • I like to use Symantec's PartionMagic -even though v8 is the last release.
  • Disk Manager (in NT) or fdisk in DOS.

If I want to do something more complex, resizing and whatnot, I use Partition Magic
  • Evidently Disk Management in WVI can actually increase and decrease partitions, which is long overdue for it.

-Q
  • I looked up the name of my program, and it's BootIt NG. http://www.divshare.com/download/316285-6f1 if you want to download it.

-Kirk
  • I looked up the name of my program, and it's BootIt NG. http://www.divshare.com/download/316285-6f1 if you want to download it.

-Kirk

That is one of the best ones I have tried. Evah. Don't install the bootloader, and just use the partitioning utility. Does the job, and resizes NTFS partitions larger and smaller with ease. I've also screwed around with a few other partition types, and it handles them well.