Download Server Issue (Resolved)

edited April 2007 in News & Announcements
Due to some troubles, the current downloads server (downloads.ww.zimmy.ca) will be offline with 24-48 hours. If anyone knows of a file on the server they would like to have, I encourage you to get it now.

Comments

• xdrive might be a good alternative
  • I've updated the status thread so noone can say they weren't told ;)

-Q
  • I think I phrased it wrong...the server is disappearing completely, it's being canceled.
  • Yeah, were falling on hard financial times, so i like, really have to cancel the server. very sorry to everyone.
  • It's OK; I can handle them in the interim.

-Q
  • Mabey someone can host a few of the files if he has a ftp server? Unlikely, but possible.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Mabey someone can host a few of the files if he has a ftp server? Unlikely, but possible.

We have server(s) to host the downloads, just slower ones.
  • Remember the AIM conversation?

(Duff stated that he could not host abandonware as 'it's illegal'.)
  • It is, what's your point?
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Mabey someone can host a few of the files if he has a ftp server? Unlikely, but possible.

(The downloads being abandonware)
  • Well no shit, but I never said those servers were FLPHost, did I?
  • Well, the downloads frame could point to anyone with a server, unless someone's on a 56k or slower connection, there may be no problems with server speeds as it would be quick anyway.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Well, the downloads frame could point to anyone with a server, unless someone's on a 56k or slower connection, there may be no problems with server speeds as it would be quick anyway.

What?
  • BOD wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:
    Well, the downloads frame could point to anyone with a server, unless someone's on a 56k or slower connection, there may be no problems with server speeds as it would be quick anyway.

What?

I agree, BOD, "What?" is right.

How is 56K even RELATED to this topic?
  • ka0s wrote:
    BOD wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:

What?

I agree, BOD, "What?" is right.

How is 56K even RELATED to this topic?

We have to route the 9600baud modem through the mainframe over an ethernet connection via SLIP over PPP which could round-robin through RDP to directly connect with a web server on the downloader's ftp client, thus causing no more slow speeds?

All of that being sarcastically.
  • Duff wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:

The speed doesn't matter.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Duff wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:

The speed doesn't matter.

You clearly haven't read some of the previous complaint posts eh?
  • 56k being the slower connection some people still use. That could make downloads slower, so the server speed won't matter so much.
  • scratch this, I found a way to pay for the server, it will be up this month. I should have enough pay in my checks to pay for next month too.
  • Thank for restore the download server ; )
  • Excellent, thanx ;):D, etc, etc.

The previous bit made NO sense at all, I can host them, Fish can host them, probably others as well. Duff's legality has nothing to do with this.

-Q
  • I Would be more than happy to host your files on my server, I Will Tell You When All Your Files Are On There Ok. :D
  • We already solved the problem (or rather, he did).

-Q

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file