New computer

2»

Comments

• anantha92 my 10x dvd rom works in DOS using the samsung cdrom/dvd drivers.
  • He's telling straight Q, it's the utility that allows you to switch the keyboard being used to or from multiple languages, Mine switches between french and english for example.
  • Ahh, I guess that icon is used by multiple programs then. Anyway I was more then a little annoying by the assumption I didn't know what "EN" was supposed to stand for, and all of this is a little pointless given that I was asking about the icon to its ("EN"'s) immediate left.

::oops: ::roll:

-Q
  • anantha92 my 10x dvd rom works in DOS using the samsung cdrom/dvd drivers.

really, waht brand is it. I've experienced this myself and many people who are experienced in computers will tell you taht it wont work.
  • It is a hmmmm let me think........ I can't remeber just go and check *literally goes up stairs and turns other comp on*

It is a brown boxer (no specific well known brand) with no brand marking on it. It is registered in 98SE as IDE 10X DVD Rom. I use the Samsung CD Rom Drivers V M2.21. Reading DVD's only recognises the 2 gig but files are accessable beyond it. I browsed through a load of my mp3 dvd's back when I had Win3.1 on there.
  • Sorry for not getting back sooner. The EN is the Language Bar minimized and the thing between QuickTime and Language Bar is my video card driver.
  • OK. What about the "TZ" thing next to "EN" ?

-Q
  • Time Zone?
  • Nono, that weird icon that looks like T and Z on top of each other.

-Q
  • That's a symbol used in mathematics. It could be anything.
  • Looks more like a "T" then a Σ

-Q
  • No-it IS Σ
  • mdogg: What exactly is in your systray in that pic?

-Q
  • It is my SigmaTel audio. It came with my sound card driver to manage the speaker and microphone jack.

My system tray from left to right is Sound, QuickTime, Intel Graphics Card driver (for easy access resolution changing etc), Language Bar minimized, SigmaTel jack monitoring, InCD and Windows Update.
  • Looks more like a T over top of the Σ then the other way around.

-Q
  • lol Q why are you always interested on peoples system tray, this isnt the first time anyway lol.
  • I'll leave that for others to answer

-Q