OS/2 is Being Uploaded

2»

Comments

• did anyone here ever officialy use an OS/2 like you did with Xp or 98 or wtv?
  • I used OS/2 extensively for many years, I ran BBS systems and later did development work for two different banks that used the product. For about a year it was my daily OS. Why do you ask?
  • nah i was just wondering, here in asia its almost un heard of.
  • speaking of the windows 2000 yes i downloaded it from hear many times
    but it has been a while since i have seen it on hear

i use to download it from hear cuz i always seem to scratch my cd's up and use to download it and make new copies for me
  • I'm telling you people, it's never been on here.

Windows 2000 has never been on any download server that is controlled by WinWorld.
  • Yeah, we had/have 98 and that stirred up trouble.
  • OS/2 eComStation

The name refers to e(lectric) Com(merce) (work)station. e is the same as in e-mail.

There are to date three releases, corresponding to

eComStation 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 are OS/2 4.50, 4.51 and 4.52.

If you want to try OS/2 in a VM, you should use the MS product, (formerly Connectix). Aside from being free, it actually tolerates OS/2's strange BIOS behaviour. I have 2.1 running in a VM under Vista.

I am still deciding if Vista finally caught up with OS/2 2.0, or do we have to wait some more.
  • Can anybody upload IBM OS/2 1.2 and OS/2 1.30.1

Thanks in advance
  • to os2fan2:
    No. eCS 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 have never been 4.5x.

OS/2 v4.50 is OS/2 Warp Server (Codename Aurora), and 4.51, 4.52 are convenience packs that were released separately by IBM.
    And eCS were released later, by eComStation Team or whatever they are called..
  • Slash wrote:
    And eCS were released later, by eComStation Team or whatever they are called..

Serenity?

-Q
  • Right, Serenity Systems.
    Though not sure if they haven't sold it to someone else.
  • It's still them, they are better supported than you think though I see a lot of former OS/2 apps moving to Enterprise Java hosted in some cases on Sun and IBM platforms.
  • Why arn't the original OS/2 systems uploaded on winworld? The 1.x series i mean.
  • I'm hardly searching for MS OS/2 1.21, MS OS/2 1.0 and IBM OS/2 1.1

Nobody can help?
  • most os are not bootable , install dos 1.0 and boot from there
  • OS/2 Nice!

I am building a new dual core PC for me, and I wanted to buy 64 bit XP since I can run it... but no support for Win 3.1 programs...

Now I'm thinking to just put a ~1.2 gig partition and run OS/2 and have lots of fun 8)
  • Wonder if I can get OS/2 to recognize my internal DSL modem and run PPOE and go online?
  • Saabr wrote:
    OS/2 Nice!

I am building a new dual core PC for me, and I wanted to buy 64 bit XP since I can run it... but no support for Win 3.1 programs...

Now I'm thinking to just put a ~1.2 gig partition and run OS/2 and have lots of fun 8)
    Couldn't you just run OS/2 or Windows 3.1 under VMWare or Virtual PC instead of dual booting? To me, it just seems messy dual booting a really old OS on a new computer.
  • Are you, by any chance, the "Smart-Aas Saabr" that posted here years and years ago?

-Q
  • Damn someone has a long memory... yep 'tis I... still have that copy of NT4 running on my Pentium90 (ok I haven't touched it in a year...) :p
  • HaH! I've been trying to find the old posts of yours since I don't recall exactly what they were about.

-Q
  • beanboy89 wrote:
    Saabr wrote:
    OS/2 Nice!

Couldn't you just run OS/2 or Windows 3.1 under VMWare or Virtual PC instead of dual booting? To me, it just seems messy dual booting a really old OS on a new computer.

No idea, never played with virtual machines. The cleanest thing to me would to copy the NTVDM from 32-bit XP to the x64 version. To be honest I am still on the fence between 32 and 64.

Hey does the x64 edition not run DOS programs either?

I have so many great 16 bit programs but never use any of them except some old Windows Entertainment Pack games.
  • All 64 bit versions of Windows do not include any part of NTDVM or WoWExec
  • Hmmm... maybe I'll just stick with 32 bits ;)

I did download Warp 4, I'm going to dual boot Vista and see which one I like better then nuke it and go with familiar old XP...
  • Hello.
    I would just like to say that the version of os/warp connect that I uploaded seems to, in some way, be incomplete. It contains all the dsk-files, but no /OS2IMAGE-directory and not the directory /GRPWARE (alot of the actual connect-stuff I think).

I did download the os/2 warp 3 from this site, to try it, and discovered that it was the os/2 warp 3 connect version. Nice!. So maybe you should add an extra 'Connect' to the filename?
  • Yea, beanboy has a point there. Just emulate it. It's much cleaner and you can install as many under the VPC as you want.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file