What's your keyboard and mouse?

2»

Comments

• Is that what you call them over there? We usually use "pad" instead.

Anyway, trackballs have their ups and downs. One of the best things is that the cord is stationary and you just move the ball around. They're also easier to clean. See if you can turn upa "Kensington Expert Mouse". You can actually disassemble it down to the little wheels for cleaning.

-Q
  • My laser mouse works pretty well on clear plastic (my case window).
  • Q wrote:
    Is that what you call them over there? We usually use "pad" instead.

Anyway, trackballs have their ups and downs. One of the best things is that the cord is stationary and you just move the ball around. They're also easier to clean. See if you can turn upa "Kensington Expert Mouse". You can actually disassemble it down to the little wheels for cleaning.

-Q

HA !
    trackballs are so 1970'S
    J/K

i have an optical mouse cant argue though, trackballs
    can be comftrable.
  • Heh, my old 68030 Powerbook 170 had a trackball built-in. Weird design concept for a laptop, but it was nice.

• A trackball still beats those laptops with that little button in the middle of the keyboard. man i hate those .
  • Trackpoints > you.
  • My old Toshiba that Fish had for several years had one of them. I think he ended up wearing the rubber part off...

-Q
  • Sadly Trackpoints do wear down after years of use (strangely I like thoase over touchpads for laptop's). All my computers run your bog standard 2pound range PS/2 ball mice ahh wikipedia a fountain of knowledge http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_%28computing%29). Mind you I've allways called them ball mice :P.

As well as the 2 to 3 pound range PS/2 keyboards. I have 1 usb mouse but that is a ball mouse as well. All the main mice I have are tri buttoned with a central scroll wheel.
  • You can buy a pack of the points for them off ebay for like
  • I know, If I ever want to fully use my Toshiba 460CDT properly instead of using a ps/2 or serial mouse, I'll have to buy some.
  • BOD wrote:
    Trackpoints > you.
    It's not that i hate them. its just too hard for to to steer the pointer to the right place . the only laptops i have seen trackpoints on are Ibm's
  • IBMs have them, Toshibas used to, and some early compaqs too I think.
  • FedeVista wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:
    They're better than mine, which were designed for Windows 98 (First edition) in 1998.
    :?: What is Mine???? is an old keyboard model???? :?:

Both are Tiny/Logitech, the mouse made in 1997 for Windows 95 and the keyboard made in 1998 for Windows 98.
  • :) ahh I now understand, no problem :)
  • BOD wrote:
    IBMs have them, Toshibas used to, and some early compaqs too I think.

Trackpoints > you, as BOD said. I can use a trackpoint with as much accuracy as a normal mouse. I despise touchpads.

Some Dells have/had them as well.
  • Q wrote:
    Keyboard: IBM/Lexmark Model M
    Mouse: Kensington Expert Mouse (AKA Trackball)

-Q

You're my hero. I have been typing on the Model M I am using now for 6 or 7 years, I found a bag of new keys in a bag and put them on a spare Model M I had around to replace my other Model M :p Manufactured in 1989. Love this keyboard.

I have a few others, maybe 4-5 Model M's. I'm hoarding them for the apocalypse 8)
  • You could send me one; I inadvertently trashed my 1st one D:

-Q
  • Keyboard: Creative Prodikeys DM German Layout

http://www.prodikeys.com/products/prodikeys_DM/

Mouse: Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0

http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_getp ... =masterid/