Forum/Site Promotion

edited March 2010 in News & Announcements
Any suggestions for getting WinWorld back out there and popular?

I've added metatags to WinWorld and set up Google Custom Search to help with indexing.

Comments

• As much as I hate to say it... Digg, Del.icio.us, things of that nature.
  • Again, Facebook group, banner exchange!
  • FedeArg wrote:
    Again, Facebook group, banner exchange!

There's only like 5-6 people I have friended that I haven't met in person before. This is for a reason, a very good reason....
  • Because Facebook sucks?
  • Facebook is for people that you _already_ know in real life.

If you do it the other the way around, you're either
    a. a creeper
    b. a 13 year old that thinks you can date people over the internet
  • Facebook is for people that you _already_ know in real life.

a. a creeper

No. Facebook is for assholes who think the internet is for whining about how shitty their real lives are.
  • UP-ON-CPU wrote:
    Facebook is for people that you _already_ know in real life.

a. a creeper

No. Facebook is for assholes who think the internet is for whining about how shitty their real lives are.

Children, please.
  • No. Facebook is for wasting time playing farm ville or some other app while deluding yourself into thinking you're being social.
  • Some people actually use facebook to talk to other people that they actually know.

I am however under the impression that 90% of the people on the internet hate facebook just because they don't have any friends to talk to.
  • Haha, probably. My problem is that I have more friends that want to talk to me than I want to talk to. Especially on the internet. Besides, what so bad about talking to friends face to face? Pufh... Kids today.
    *Walks off muttering distastefully*
  • It's not always possible to talk to people face to face, especially when they live far away.

Me, I actually use fb to talk to people and have never played farmville.
  • Don't care, you're still a tool.
  • I have no need to use facebook to talk to people. If I know them, I have their phone number or email address and I can contact them any time I want.
  • I usually prefer anti-socail networking over social networking sites so don't use most places at all.

Also by anti-socail I mean as in not bothereing to talk to people etc, unless I need to not casuing anarchy and destruction.
  • I for one am against FB and its ilk, Google Buzz came to my inbox recently and my first step was to get it disabled.

I may exclude services like Twitter if I find special use scenarios (eg. server status updates) but in general, Twitter is for twits.
  • That's the spirit! Who wants to go to a forum that isn't full of smarmy cynicism?
  • I'm not against the idea of sites like facebook or twitter, just that I personally have no use for them.
  • Facebook works for keeping in contact with people you don't see anymore due to leaving school/college/changing jobs.

Believe it not kids, people do exist who *don't* use MSN/AIM/IRC.
  • The only people I want to keep in contact with from high school don't use facebook.
  • Facebook has great potential for cyber-stalking.

I'm kinda sick of people doing it to me.
  • ...Sorry.
  • Oooh, I like your stalking.

Your sister's, though..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file