Windowses Beware! (XP/2000lite)

QQ
edited April 2004 in Software
XPlite (Or 2000lite in my case) is a good idea, and I'm generally happy with it.

But a word of warning: NEVER install IE6 after using it, you will screw apps up (Namely Add/REmove Programs, which crashes MSHTA.EXE. and IE, which can't login to routers anymore)

-Q

Comments

• LOL! I told everyone that Windows is never the same afterwards!
  • No it's NOT.

I'm coming to think of it as just a glorified cr2000cleaner. Something that I can do much better.

-Q
  • it IS! Plus, you have 300 gigs, I wouldnt really worry about the extra crap, just use XP, disable the shit you dont need (Wireless Zero, Themes, UPNP) the uninstall Outlook, Netmeeting and WMP... Thats what I did, and my boot times REAL fast!
  • The 300 is in WinWDCS, not BlacII.

I use 2000, and System 32, here I come!

-Q
  • LOOL! Juust delete things you KNOW you dont need... like battmeter.dll or whatver
  • Who needs IE6 anyway? Mozilla is the answer :D
    I think im gonna try XPlite. My pc is extremely slow sometimes.
  • Yea, I don't really remember why I installed IE6. I use Firefox always...

OK. The 1.2 version lets you remove RPC :shock:

There are somethings, I guess that should be removed with care.

-Q

PS. Then again, if the EU comes through WMP may be itself removable.
  • Whats the point of using XPLite and then turn around and install IE??? Isn't it the whole point to use that little program to get rid of IE? Tobad you can't replace IE with Mozilla completly, like when you open "My Computer" and Mozilla like GUI opens up and you can access the drives.
  • You are obviouly inferior in your ability to correcly decipher my unintelligle ramblings.

I installed IE6, that screwed up, so I uninstalled IE6, now I've completely killed IE.

-Q

PS. If only there was a crack for 1.2
  • Ooooohhhh, sorry
  • That's OK, it was a pretty convoluted proccess anyway.

-Q
  • See... 'd never uninstall IE, because I have plenty of room to keep t, and i kno how much you ruin when you uninstall it.
  • I'm just going to pirate European Windowses now. 1 less thing to remove :twisted:

-Q
  • Haha. Good idea, Q.
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    Whats the point of using XPLite and then turn around and install IE??? Isn't it the whole point to use that little program to get rid of IE? Tobad you can't replace IE with Mozilla completly, like when you open "My Computer" and Mozilla like GUI opens up and you can access the drives.

There are other shells out there such as GeoShell.
  • Or astonshell