WINDOWS WHISTLER FOR VMWARE

edited February 2013 in Software
ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A VM OF WHISTLER 2557 OR 2567 FOR VMWARE WORKSTATION???
I TRIED INSTALLING BOTH IN IT AND FAILED.

Comments

• Well, first of all, we use our inside voice around here. You're way up heeeeere, when we need your volume about heeeeere *makes high and low hand gestures*.

That said, I tried it too. What issue were you having? I was having an issue with the internal clock.
  • Well, first of all, we use our inside voice around here. You're way up heeeeere, when we need your volume about heeeeere *makes high and low hand gestures*.

BUT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THE INTERNET IS NOISY? IT'S A BUNCH OF TUBES WITH PACKETS WHOOSHING ABOUT AND WE MUST SHOUT TO BE HEARD.
  • That's a myth. Use a megaphone, like I do! :D
  • Clowns belong at the circus.
  • I'm sorry, but I'm not going back to 4chan. It's a very scary place, with /b/tards and newfags and people who will stick things in my megaphone..

(I have a feeling the person who asked this question will never get their question answered. This is why grammar is important, kids!
  • Every build is a different situation, at least it is with me. I installed 2250 and 2419 on Virtualpc 2007 and I recall having to add a line in the config file of the vm to not advance the date and time. 2. I had to set the date and time to 2000. Again some builds don't require this.
  • You need to disable the acpi in the BIOS by editing the vmx file with this code, making sure it's on the bottom of the vmx file.
    acpi.present="FALSE"
    You can thank me later. Also, for builds 2257 and 2267 specifically, you need to do a direct upgrade from Windows 2000 Professional as they both have partitioning problems during setup. Hopefully this was helpful for anyone reading this, despite this being very late.