[OFFER] Aldus PageMaker 1.00 for Windows 1

edited September 2013 in Offers & Requests
Thought you folks here might be interested in this:

Aldus PageMaker 1.00 for Windows 1

And here is more Windows 1 and 2 crazyness! Including a Windows 1 port of WineMine!

Comments

• That list of applications gives me something to hunt for now.
    With WineMine, you forced the window to be a dialogue to bypass the tiling requirement, right? Or was there another trick that can be done to allow overlapping windows that's not really known?
  • noone wrote:
    That list of applications gives me something to hunt for now.
    With WineMine, you forced the window to be a dialogue to bypass the tiling requirement, right? Or was there another trick that can be done to allow overlapping windows that's not really known?

SomeGuy can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe WineMine was a fixed sized dialog which wasn't subjected to the tiling requirements, similar to how Message Boxes and the like display like a normal window.
  • The WineMine for Windows 1/2 window is a "popup" style, like dialogs. A popup window can have menus and even be resizable (and overlap other popups), but the catch is it is always on top of the normal/tiled windows and can not be automatically minimized.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody could hack normal "tiled" windows to display at arbitrary position. Windows 1 is certainly technically capable of it, it is just that the window management forbids it. Keep in mind the idea back then was to just avoid being sued by Apple like Digital Research GEM was.

The original Wine/ReactOS WineMine is implemented as a normal window (not a popup) with a non-resizable border. Try that "as is" under Windows 1 and it will happily resize it to a tile it for you.