Are you going to do Windows 7 betas?

edited August 2014 in Offers & Requests
or 8 betas?

Comments

• Moved to Offers & Requests.
  • I would think that would be a good idea.
  • Personally I have no interest in doing modern betas (post longhorn). I don't quite think it fits the defination of abandonware. Plus I think there's people who would be stupid enough to use a beta of a currently supported OS as a daily driver and then complain about stability/hardware support on here. I know we have betas of other modern software on here and even then, I still don't agree with having them.

I'll let Stitch decide on this one.
  • As usual I'm undecided. I think our primary focus should be old abandonware and betas, not so much more recent ones; on the other hand, they are still beta software.

One minor issue is every 7 beta/preview is a nice 2-4GB ISO; just getting all of Whistler uploaded and synced across the servers took a while. While I don't think we are that short on space; I'm not sure it's worthwhile.
  • I guess....
  • esc1010 wrote:
    I guess....

Thank you for such a waste of a post.

I'm worried about it sponsoring the daily driver effect as well so I will absolutely not accept any of the RC's. It is far too new to be within the scope of our mission, and the individual ISO images would be several GB each, so I will consider hosting a select few notable builds in english only.
  • edited July 2014
    stitch wrote:
    I'm worried about it sponsoring the daily driver effect as well so I will absolutely not accept any of the RC's. It is far too new to be within the scope of our mission, and the individual ISO images would be several GB each, so I will consider hosting a select few notable builds in english only.

Well.. the ones stupid enough to use it as an every day system are just that.. stupid. And if they spam the forums with issues, all they deserve is a warning and if they continue, a ban.
    I can understand why people request the Betas/RCs of 7 though, because I've spent pretty much the past 6 months on trying to get any pre-7600 builds. 99% of the links are dead, and I don't feel like wasting time on OSBA or whatever that crap is called these days posting for ages to get access and then when you're a handful posts short, some random asswipe mod doesn't like your opinion and bans/blocks you.

If space and bandwidth are an issue (in general), I could probably help out with another mirror. Got a cheapo dedicated server at OVH with 1TB HDD space and 100mbps connection
    (no traffic limits.. I've wasted multiple terabytes on torrent traffic in the past years with no consequences to the connection speed whatsoever)

I should probably register here for that though :p:mrgreen:
  • Bambooz wrote:
    stitch wrote:

Well.. the ones stupid enough to use it as an every day system are just that.. stupid. And if they spam the forums with issues, all they deserve is a warning and if they continue, a ban.
    I can understand why people request the Betas/RCs of 7 though, because I've spent pretty much the past 6 months on trying to get any pre-7600 builds. 99% of the links are dead, and I don't feel like wasting time on OSBA or whatever that crap is called these days posting for ages to get access and then when you're a handful posts short, some random asswipe mod doesn't like your opinion and bans/blocks you.

If space and bandwidth are an issue (in general), I could probably help out with another mirror. Got a cheapo dedicated server at OVH with 1TB HDD space and 100mbps connection
    (no traffic limits.. I've wasted multiple terabytes on torrent traffic in the past years with no consequences to the connection speed whatsoever)

I should probably register here for that though :p:mrgreen:

Please feel free to get in touch. I do have additional space on my wdl1 mirror although I need to reserve some of it. I would entertain the idea of a BETA-only additional mirror if you want to contribute us some space. Is it a *nix or Windows box?