To Those With Creative Skills... (Banner Redesign)

2»

Comments

• Apophis wrote:
    Okay, here is something a little more retro ...
    mockup-1.png
    I took your rough draft there, and modified it slightly - it may end up being our new favicon if nothing else:

fis7.png
  • You guys still looking for possible logos? I'm not too bad with Photoshop, if you just tell me something close to what you want (any specifics that you have), I can put something together.
  • stitch wrote:
    Apophis wrote:
    Another variation.

header-right-2.png

In action ...

Any way of forming that into like a satellite?

Duff mentioned a satellite dish type of thing the other day as well. Here are a couple of examples ...

dish-2.png

dish-1.png

I've been trying to work in some kind of antennae into that but so far everything I've tried looks very sucky.
  • Duff wrote:
    Apophis wrote:
    mockup-1.png
    I took your rough draft there, and modified it slightly - it may end up being our new favicon if nothing else:

fis7.png

That looks pretty cool!
  • You guys still looking for possible logos? I'm not too bad with Photoshop, if you just tell me something close to what you want (any specifics that you have), I can put something together.

Photoshop is something I don't have. Too rich for my blood especially since I don't do graphics stuff professionally. I normally use either GIMP, Serif or Paint.NET (or a combo of all 3). Love to see what you come up with.
  • Apophis wrote:
    I normally use either GIMP, Serif or Paint.NET (or a combo of all 3).
    I'm a heavy GIMP user myself. Ah, Serif, there's a name I haven't heard in years. I didn't even realize until Googling them just now that they still made software. I remember using Serif DrawPlus years ago, so I'm still picturing the old abandonware version. I'll have to check out their new products.
  • Thanks everybody for your contributions towards this effort. Well here's where we're going now:
    dce7.png

As you can see the navigation bar has been highly slimmed and based on blue's latest.

Apophis wrote:
    Duff wrote:
    Apophis wrote:
    mockup-1.png
    fis7.png
    That looks pretty cool!

I do believe this will be used that way too.

Apophis wrote:
    stitch wrote:
    Apophis wrote:
    Another variation.

header-right-2.png

In action ...

Any way of forming that into like a satellite?

Duff mentioned a satellite dish type of thing the other day as well. Here are a couple of examples ...
    *snip*

I've been trying to work in some kind of antennae into that but so far everything I've tried looks very sucky.

Try and use your original one but just reverse the back and put some connector tubes inbetween? I was thinking like the panel ones youd find in space - the original image you did inspired one of those. I'd probably end up using this in the footer somewhere maybe?
  • stitch wrote:
    Thanks everybody for your contributions towards this effort. Well here's where we're going now:
    dce7.png

+1, I like it.
    Apophis wrote:
    You guys still looking for possible logos? I'm not too bad with Photoshop, if you just tell me something close to what you want (any specifics that you have), I can put something together.

Photoshop is something I don't have. Too rich for my blood especially since I don't do graphics stuff professionally. I normally use either GIMP, Serif or Paint.NET (or a combo of all 3). Love to see what you come up with.

Who pays for PhotoShop? :P

I've tried GIMP a few times, but I wasn't a fan. Maybe I'm just too used to PhotoShop.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Who pays for PhotoShop? :P

Touché. :wink:
  • stitch wrote:
    Try and use your original one but just reverse the back and put some connector tubes inbetween? I was thinking like the panel ones youd find in space - the original image you did inspired one of those. I'd probably end up using this in the footer somewhere maybe?

You mean something like this?

dish-3.png

It's tricky getting it just right. You need to use shadows & lighting to give depth and perspective otherwise an optical illusion occurs and you can't tell which way the object is curled (inward or outward). The problem with shadows & lighting is it affects the colours. It's like walking a tightrope. :)
  • I had a good idea

ec7pyim.png

It took about an hour, and i think it looks good.

THIS IS MICROSOFT CREEPYPASTA!

TRHvsr6.png
  • I made one
    http://i.imgur.com/8Ob1RJq.png
    I can't use bbcode but it still looks nice just click/copy the link

and heres a funny picture

http://i.imgur.com/8Ob1RJq.png
    i used vbs script :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights