[REQUEST] Microsoft Select

edited October 2014 in Offers & Requests
I'm interested to know if anyone has copies of these. Microsoft Select was a volume licensing program. These were released I'm guessing monthly and contained much of their software with the ability to create your own disk images or setup for network installation. I've attempted to buy some on eBay from the USA over time, but been unsuccessful on the bids.

There's not a lot on the net I see about these CD's from the 1990s. Was going to show screenshots of what I've seen, but they happened to be on BA - never mind.
Anyway, maybe there's some interesting goodies on these. :D

Comments

• Not all MS Select CDs contain various (pool) of Microsoft programs. There're some of which contain single product with exact same content as retail one. For example Office 97 Professional.

I have 4 Microsoft select CDs (Office 97, Internet Explorer 4.0, Visual C++ 5.0 Enterprise on 2CDs). Office 97 and IE4 already exist.

I might contribute with VC5 as soon as possible.
  • Is there anything that differentiates those select CD's from their retail counterparts?
  • stitch wrote:
    Is there anything that differentiates those select CD's from their retail counterparts?

So far from what I have, nothing at all stitch. Even they have same Volume ID of normal ones (i.e. only CD surface design and branding differs apparently).
  • Thanks for the info Airportsfan. If the CDs contains just the retail copies, then I'll give them a miss. I was expecting they might have had stuff included for system admin usage.
    I only found out about these CDs on eBay, which is what started the curiosity.