Arts & Letters graphics editor

edited January 2015 in Offers & Requests
Hello,

do anyone know any place where to obtain some early version of Arts & Letters? I have been looking on ebay but not found anything. If someone has this for sale, I am interested.

Comments

• Haven't seen that one around, but it would be a good one to get archived. Arts and Letters was another vector-based graphics drawing program that somewhat competed against Micrografx Designer and Corel Draw.

I just noticed version 1.0 was apparently for Windows 2: https://books.google.com/books?id=izAEA ... &q&f=false

(BTW, is it just me or has Google books stopped serving up high resolution images for zoomed pages?)
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    (BTW, is it just me or has Google books stopped serving up high resolution images for zoomed pages?)
    It's not just you. Maybe its saves them space on band with?
  • Greaaaaaat. I'd like to know what happened to it. Wouldn't surprise me if they are moving it to a higher tier such as making it only viewable in Google Chrome, or requiring a Google plus account or some other evil crap. But they don't say anywhere. Can hardly read any of the stuff now.
  • They will probably make the high res images into something you pay money for.
  • I am really a bit disappointed I haven't heard any kind of uproar over this. I'd think this would be a problem for people, but perhaps I'm the only one who uses (used?) Google books for stuff like this.

If it was a bandwidth issue, they could have modified the scripts to have a greater delay or higher zoom level before loading the higher definition images. Or they could have reduced the number of high definition lolcat videos they are streaming from youtube. Oh, but people would complain about THAT.

Guess I should try and scrounge up some paper copies of Infoworld off of eBay, since I can hardly read them on Google Books now. At least there is a nice PDF set of Byte magazines floating around.
  • The most stupid about this all is that about one year ago, I had one of the first Arts & Letters versions on about 10-15 floppy disks. It was version 1 or 2, don't remember exactly. But then I disposed them when I thought I would not need it anymore. For real production I would probably not use it, but for historical reasons I should have kept the floppys. But I will continue to try to find it somewhere and if I do, I will then give a copy to winworld.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I am really a bit disappointed I haven't heard any kind of uproar over this. I'd think this would be a problem for people, but perhaps I'm the only one who uses (used?) Google books for stuff like this.

If it was a bandwidth issue, they could have modified the scripts to have a greater delay or higher zoom level before loading the higher definition images. Or they could have reduced the number of high definition lolcat videos they are streaming from youtube. Oh, but people would complain about THAT.

Guess I should try and scrounge up some paper copies of Infoworld off of eBay, since I can hardly read them on Google Books now. At least there is a nice PDF set of Byte magazines floating around.

I found some old computer magazines on the web if that helps at all. https://archive.org/details/computermagazines