Windows 95 Unknown Monitor in VMware Workstation

edited July 2015 in Hardware
Hello, I am Vas709, and I am the newest member of the board.

Today I installed Windows 95 in VMware Workstation. It was very hard for me to install Windows 95. I have installed VMware Tools for Windows 95, and I restarted the virtual machine. In Windows 95 there was still 16 bit color display mode. I installed VMware Display for Windows 95 and rebooted the virtual machine again. There was still an unknown monitor. Also, moving the mouse is a little bit weird. I can't use my mouse to escape from a virtual machine so I have to press Ctrl + Alt to do so. Can anyone please tell me how to set up a monitor for Windows 95?

Here is the screenshot:

Windows_95_2015_06_27_21_24_53.jpg

Vasja Stojkovic

Comments

• I'm about to go out for the day, so don't have much time to respond.

Having an 'unknown' monitor isn't critical to change for operation. It's generally to ensure that someone doesn't choose resolution and refresh rates that aren't compatible with a particular model of monitor.

My Windows 95 OSR2 virtual machine is set up for version 9 compatibility of VMWare, running on VMWare Workstation 11. It runs fine with single core processor, 64MB RAM, and 8GB hard disk. Sometimes creating a virtual machine compatible only with the lastest VMWare version, doesn't play nicely with older operating systems.
  • Okay thank you for the answer.