Need ORB 5.7gb Drivers

edited July 2015 in Hardware
I recently acquired the extremely rare Castlewood ORB 5.7gb removable media drive along with two disks. However, it is an internal ide drive, and because of its obscurity, it is not natively supported by any computer I know of, and I cannot find any drivers for it online. It would be a great help if you guys could find some drivers for this for me. This drive and its disks are in great condition and I would love to be able to use it. Though, it is so obscure that I can barely even find mention of it online, so I won't be at all surprised if you can't help.

Comments

• Reading forums for 10+ years ago, it didn't seem to be a popular choice given how DVD-Rs and USB drives were getting cheaper considering the storage capacity.

I found the drivers relatively easy. You haven't specified which OS you were going to run this though. Being the internal drive it's supported up to Windows 2000, and on the Mac the drivers are for System 7.6.1 through to MacOS 9.2.
  • I was hoping to run it on XP Home, but I'll take any drivers you got. Ive got a 2000 machine around here somewhere.
  • I found it through the Web Archive site. Sometimes you can get lucky with the downloading of files.

https://web.archive.org/web/20021003044327/http://www.castlewood.com/download_english.html

Just to verify I checked the OT164_EA.EXE file and it's a self extract file. It definitely looks like the files you need.
  • Huh. I never even thought of the web archive. Look at me, trying to get into the old stuff, and can't even go through a magical portal to the internet of 2004.
    Anyways, I can't check it out right now. My pc is currently in an internet-less area, I'm using my phone to type this. I'll look at it later today, though. Thanks!
  • Crap. The drivers were for the 2.2gb drive, and when the program ORB Tools tried to check for my drive, it couldn't find it. The drive is functioning well as far as I know, and makes read/write noises when the Tools program searches for it, but it is never found.
    From my experience, ORB Tools never works that well anyways.