[OFFER] Icon-DoIT v.???

edited August 2015 in Offers & Requests
Hello everyone! First time poster and long-time lurker here.

Quick background story - Bought an old Maxtor 290MB hard drive off of Ebay a few months ago. Previous owner never bothered to wipe the drive clean and left its contents intact. Before I formatted the drive, I did a little exploration to see if there was anything that might be of interest, and happened to turn up a copy of Moon Valley's IconDoIt. I don't know much about the software, but I do know it was running under Windows 3.1 that was installed on the drive. I do not remember what the version was either, (it could have been v1x or v2x), and it lacks an installer file.

I am on vacation at the moment until August 1st, so I am not able to upload the folder, but when I return home I will check the version and upload the contents, if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Normally we strongly prefer original media - and many programs won't function if they are just copied out of a hard drive. If you can make it run on it's own, I guess you could upload it.

Note that if the product is actually Icon Hear-it or Icon Make-it we already have versions of those.
  • Hi Someguy,

The program is in fact Icon Do-It. I was able to run the program under Win 3.1 without having to use an installer. I simply copied the folder to the drive and ran the executable file. Unfortunately I have not been able to find much information about Icon Do-It besides that it was developed by Moon Valley Software.
  • Icon-DOIT was distributed with some other thing, like NDW or something. I think i have the diskette downstairs.
  • os2fan2 wrote:
    Icon-DOIT was distributed with some other thing, like NDW or something. I think i have the diskette downstairs.

More information about this software would be great. I've also just uploaded the contents for review if anyone wants to check it out. Unfortunately I've reformatted my hard drive recently and haven't had a chance to install Virtual Box and Win 3.1 to see what version it is. The installation directions should be correct, if my memory serves me right.
  • I just know it had a name similar to a piece of withware junk i got, but can't care to recall what. It had a halflife of a couple of days twenty years ago.