Any feedback on pearpc?

edited June 2004 in Software
I could be wrong, but I could swear there was a thread here on pearpc around the time of the initial 0.1 release. I can't seem to find it using the search engine. Anyone got any feedback on how it runs? Development seems to be progressing quickly.

Comments

• what is pearpc?
  • yes, will anyone comment on pearpc, if not, ill look it up when i get home.
  • Hey! What are you talking about??
  • PearPC is an Apple emulator designed to run OS X on a PC.
  • Oooow that!
    It was in the Macintosh section, which was deleted due to no posts.
  • PPC is currently obscenely slow and has no networking unless you use Linux.

-Q

PS. For Mac stuff, wait a little while.
  • Yes, Q is right. It is really SLOW! It takes hours to install OS X in it.
  • Usa Basilisk II with OS 8.1 for Classic Apps
  • It's extremely slow because emulating PPC on x86 is *extremely* hard and inefficient. The PPC architecture has a ton more registers and other crap that takes many, many CPU cycles on x86 to emulate.

Then again, I'd say PearPC emulates a Mac fairly well, being so fast and all. lmao
  • T0mchu wrote:
    LMAO

Yea... that smiley kind of got fucked...
  • Administratively fixed.

-Q
  • Wow. Thanks. Glad someone finally got to it!
  • I mean I edited his post to use the lowercase one. If Fish can't figure it out, we may just kill that Emoticon, it's annoying as anything anyway.

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    I mean I edited his post to use the lowercase one. If Fish can't figure it out, we may just kill that Emoticon, it's annoying as anything anyway.

-Q

Yeah, just kill the icon.
  • I say we just change L M A O and L M F A O and R O F L to a space :P Winboy seriously overuses it :P
  • Hahaha. (I just use that)

Maybe he's just a really happy guy.
  • Yeah, he's also healthy too, because he laughs a lot.
  • LOL. We should all laugh a lot. That AOL banner above just made me healthier <i>and</i> happier!
  • LOL, yes it did