[OFFER] Tons of abandonware

edited September 2015 in Offers & Requests
Hello guys! I really like this community with lots of abandonware.
And I want to expand it. :mrgreen: So, here's a list of abandonware I have.
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator '95
  • Crazy Pac-Man (a CD-ROM with a lot of Pac-Man-styled games)
  • SimEarth
  • Monopoly (Dutch)
  • SimCity 3000
  • SimIsle
  • SimSafari
  • SimTower
  • The Sims 2 + Pets Expansion pack (!)
  • SimCity 4
  • Rollercoaster 1 + all expansion packs
  • Rollercoaster 2 + all expansion packs
  • Need for Speed Porsche 2000
  • FIFA 09 (!)
  • Some Sims 1 expansion packs

Some of the titles are marked with a exclamation mark (!), because
I don't know if I can upload these. It's up to you guys if I can.
I'm talking to you, Duff-Man. :wink: And I need your help with
another decision. Shall I buy myself a USB floppy-drive? I've got a
lot of abandonware on floppy's too, but is it worth my €20,- for this?

Comments

• SimCity 3000 and 4 are sold on Origin and SimCity 4 is also sold on GoG. ---> NOT ABANDONWARE.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are sold on Steam and GoG. ---> NOT ABANDONWARE.

FIFA 09 isn't nearly old enough to be considered abandonware.
  • None of those are particularly rare, and there are other game sites that almost certainly have them already. If you upload them, they will probably just sit in the que unless one of the other admins here feels like processing them.

As for USB floppy drives, buy one! Better yet, buy a dozen! :) Just make sure what you get supports 720K - annoyingly some don't and they don't tell you. (The last time I checked, the Bytecc drives did not support 720K)

Of course, nothing beats a real Shugart interface drive using a real floppy drive controller, but those cheap Chinese bastards don't want to put FDCs on their motherboards any more.
  • SimCity 3000 and 4 are sold on Origin and SimCity 4 is also sold on GoG. ---> NOT ABANDONWARE.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 are sold on Steam and GoG. ---> NOT ABANDONWARE.

FIFA 09 isn't nearly old enough to be considered abandonware.

Thanks, dude! Didn't know that you still can buy SimCity 3000. :shock:
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    None of those are particularly rare, and there are other game sites that almost certainly have them already. If you upload them, they will probably just sit in the que unless one of the other admins here feels like processing them.

As for USB floppy drives, buy one! Better yet, buy a dozen! :) Just make sure what you get supports 720K - annoyingly some don't and they don't tell you. (The last time I checked, the Bytecc drives did not support 720K)

Of course, nothing beats a real Shugart interface drive using a real floppy drive controller, but those cheap Chinese bastards don't want to put FDCs on their motherboards any more.
    The better idea would be to purchase a real floppy disk drive and connect it to a Kryoflux or SuperCard Pro controller board, if that is possible for this user. Not only are most USB floppy disk drives very poorly designed at best (at least from what I've heard, anyway), but the Kryoflux and SuperCard Pro boards do a much better job at archiving and preserving the actual data anyway. It also works better for duplicating copies of software products that were distributed on copy-protected disks.
  • We have SimCity 3000, but only the Linux version, still not for sale.

Like I said, games are very much a grey area because they can still have market value despite age, and this leads to people selling it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    None of those are particularly rare, and there are other game sites that almost certainly have them already. If you upload them, they will probably just sit in the que unless one of the other admins here feels like processing them.

Thanks for your advice, SomeGuy!
    But SomeGuy, did you mean a floppy drive like this one? (You probably need to translate it to English, 'cause it Dutch)
  • Yes, that is the kind of USB floppy drive. But you won't know if it works with 720K disks until you try it.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Yes, that is the kind of USB floppy drive. But you won't know if it works with 720K disks until you try it.

Yeah, I guess that I'm going to buy this one, after I get my laptop back. (You know that other topic from me about my broken DVD-RW-drive? Well, turns out that I've got still my warranty and now HP is fixing it. Can't wait!!) And bol.com is kinda of a Dutch Amazon - we have amazon here, but it sucks - so if I order that floppy drive, I can still send it back within 2 weeks. But thanks for the advice, SomeGuy ! You guys at the admin are always very kind and friendly. :cool: