What's your favorite Desktop or Window Manager

edited December 2015 in Software
I'm curious to see what other people prefer using as a Desktop and or Window Manager. For me, I'm still trying out Linux. But I'm starting to like the minimalist window managers such as Karmen, iceWM, and JWM. As for Desktop managers I would go for LXDE.

Comments

• I prefer Unity. I also like Gnome. KDE's fine but way too much crap is added to it
  • Windows: Windows 10, by far.

Linux: Desktop: KDE or MATE
    Windowing System: X.org server.
  • I'm using XFCE for both laptop and desktop. I liked their simplicity, customized panel and also runs in less than 150MB memory for whole DE. I also liked cinnamon but less stable and moderate memory consumption (even not heavy as KDE 8) )
  • Though I haven't used Linux as much, my favourites so far are Unity, KDE and XFCE. Also Mezzo too just because how unique it us to all others :)
  • I prefer a CLI then a graphical desktop. However I prefer Gnome and Cinnamon. I really never liked the Enlightenment GUI let alone XFree86.
  • I like MATE, KDE4, XFCE. Gnome 3 just really sucks.
  • XFCE

/thread

e~ Gnome 3 actually looks pretty sick, and I've used it extensively before. It just doesn't have that same vibe that XFCE gives.
  • CDE. While it doesn't support a few modern things, I could care less.
    It provides a fast, lightweight, and simple UI. Launches the programs I need when I need them, and that's all I want.
    Not to mention it bears a resemblance to Win3x which pleases me further.

Planning to change the iconify and maximize buttons to use arrows.
  • Xfce, KDE and Gnome (in this order).
    Xfce 4.12 is really nice and KDE Plasma 5 is finally becoming usable! :D