IRC Server Change: irc.r-type.ca #winboards

edited January 2016 in News & Announcements
We're moving off of EFnet as we're tired of the constant spam, disconnections and splits. Our new channel is on R-Type. SSL/TLS is required.

Address: irc.r-type.ca
Port: 6697

You should see an improvement in stability as well as the availability of services such as NickServ (use as little or as much as you prefer).

Comments

• Duff wrote:
    We're moving off of EFnet as we're tired of the constant spam, disconnections and splits. Our new channel is on R-Type. SSL/TLS is required.

Address: irc.r-type.ca
    Port: 6697

You should see an improvement in stability as well as the availability of services such as NickServ (use as little or as much as you prefer).
    Great! Has the transition already been done, or is this being worked on?

On a side note, I think it's important for the Staff to get the new WinWorld rolled out soon. I think we'll miss out on a lot of contributions if WinBoards registrations remain locked. The last thing we would want them to do is go to Beta Archive.
  • Duff wrote:
    snip.
    Great! Has the transition already been done, or is this being worked on?

On a side note, I think it's important for the Staff to get the new WinWorld rolled out soon. I think we'll miss out on a lot of contributions if WinBoards registrations remain locked. The last thing we would want them to do is go to Beta Archive.

The transition is complete. On another side note, I think it's important for yourself to really learn their place. If I didn't have time to tell SomeGuy you're a creepy stalker and there was a very good reason your account was suspended, I certainly don't have the time to pander to people like you who feel the need to prioritize this stupid site over my husband, my family or my paying job or my true friends while giving an obnoxious attitude in return.

wpblogheader, if you want this new site rollout so bad, than remove yourself from my community. SomeGuy you don't use IRC so you don't see his little shit fit but anyone on IRC agrees that he's just a hair above Dallas' old behavior with that shit fit. And I quite simply do not have the time to tolerate it or allow it to continue on.

Seriously, I have to hold everything else together I am not holding this damn little playground together. Let the damn kids goto BetaArchive. If they do I don't have to deal with them. I'm not a baby sitter. I am so tired of having to be a baby sitter here. The more I keep feeling like that's all we do here, the less time I spend on this site. Simple as that. Even if I had the time to work o this frankly, y'all don't fucking deserve it. Earn my goddamn fucking respect if you want my time to be used pro-bono (glaring at you wpblogheader).

ADD: this is an announcement, not a discussion.
    folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.