SimEarth? [OFFER]

I made an ISO file of Sim Earth and was wondering if anybody would want it. It was the Maxis's first non-sim-city game.

Comments

• It seems to be pretty old.

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimEarth

I've actually been looking for this for a while. If it's properly dumped (archived), I'd go for it.
  • Actually, if it's known enough to have its SNES port released on Virtual Console (available on Wii and Wii U), then it's probably not a good idea. Of course, the PC version might be completely different, but I don't know.

wpblogheader, please stop replying to those request threads as if you were an admin.
  • garirry wrote:
    Actually, if it's known enough to have its SNES port released on Virtual Console (available on Wii and Wii U), then it's probably not a good idea. Of course, the PC version might be completely different, but I don't know.
    Nintendo can't do shit about software released on a platform they don't own.
  • I'd say go for it. As long as it's the dos version. Just make sure you dump the contents correctly, and that the disks are set to read only when you archive them on Windows 9.x systems.
  • garirry wrote:
    Actually, if it's known enough to have its SNES port released on Virtual Console (available on Wii and Wii U), then it's probably not a good idea. Of course, the PC version might be completely different, but I don't know.
    That's not my point, I'm talking from a purely, how should I say, "philosophical" way (can't find a better word at 3:30 AM). If a similar port of a certain game is sold somewhere popular at a low cost, then it's just not right to offer it for free, at least in my opinion. It's nothing legal, I don't give a damn about what businessmen think about us.
  • garirry wrote:
    garirry wrote:
    That's not my point, I'm talking from a purely, how should I say, "philosophical" way (can't find a better word at 3:30 AM). If a similar port of a certain game is sold somewhere popular at a low cost, then it's just not right to offer it for free, at least in my opinion. It's nothing legal, I don't give a damn about what businessmen think about us.

How is it not right to offer a different version of an old game, that is no longer sold on that platform, for free?
  • garirry wrote:
    The Wii/Wii U/SNES are very different platforms compared to the 1990 PC Compatibles. The game on those platforms are console games, not PC ones. They play and are compiled differently. It's sort of like comparing Battlefield 1942 to Battlefield 4. They're similar games, but on RADICALLY different platforms.
  • So, Yes or no...
  • So, Yes or no...
    I believe you can upload it. SomeGuy or another admin will reject or accept it.
  • Upload whatever you want. But don't be surprised if games just sit in the que forever. I've got nothing against games on this site, but I prefer to focus my personal efforts on productivity application and such that are of true historical importance.

Aren't some of these Maxis titles still sold somewhere?
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Upload whatever you want. But don't be surprised if games just sit in the que forever. I've got nothing against games on this site, but I prefer to focus my personal efforts on productivity application and such that are of true historical importance.

Aren't some of these Maxis titles still sold somewhere?

How aren't games of "historical importance"?
  • dosbox wrote:
    How aren't games of "historical importance"?
    Probably because that's what most people only care about preserving.
  • Just to let you know, I uploaded it and the ISO works.
    I tested it on multiple VMs'.