[REQUEST] Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009

edited March 2016 in Offers & Requests
Hi, I'm looking for Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009, in English, not Spanish, for a new project. Please note that I'm not looking for the widely available Student with Encarta Premium 2009, but instead the standalone version that isn't available anywhere nowadays. If you have this it would be great if you could upload it. Thanks!

Comments

• Being a Microsoft product, I think that is a little too new to add in the Library here. But that is interesting given that it is the last version and was published on physical media. Glancing at eBay, I don't see any on there right now suggesting it may not have sold well. Perhaps in another 20 or 30 years that might become a real collectible.

I hope someone can help you find a copy.
  • I'm quite surprised MS even still bothered with Encarta as recently as 2009. It seems soon after 2004 (possibly even earlier than that) ish such software became useless.
  • But the inbuilt atlas is as imprecise as the 98 one :D

On the serious side, there's a torrent of Encarta 2009 Premium (with Student, though) that's sufficiently seeded if you're in a hurry.
  • Thank you all for your help! Fortunately, after many hours of extensive and very creative Googling I was lucky to find a copy of Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009 at a foreign site with direct download links . :mrgreen: I've tested it, it works great!

I believe it is ok to share software that is 7 years old here at WinWorld, so here is the link in case someone else is also needs this:
    http://p30download.com/fa/entry/1226/

It will also be included in my future "Microsoft Windows XP Collection". While it won't be released here for obvious reasons, I will release it next month (April) at the usual/most popular torrent sites.
  • DocRetro wrote:
    It will also be included in my future "Microsoft Windows XP Collection".
    Personally I think it's too new to be included in an XP collection. Vista sounds more appropriate. By 2009 XP was becoming history, with the introduction of Windows 7 and all.
  • By 2009 XP was becoming history, with the introduction of Windows 7 and all.

But you forget that there were still a LOT of people who still ran XP during that time.
  • Yes, don't forget that the Windows XP Service Pack 3 was released in April 2008, Microsoft Encarta 2009 was released in October 2008, and Windows 7 was only released in July 2009, so it's fine in my book.

Besides, I have no interest in making a Windows Vista Collection. This Windows XP Collection will be my last one.

It's already out at the most popular torrent places for those interested. My past 3.11/95/98/ME/2000 collections are also still being seeded. Enjoy!
  • DocRetro wrote:
    My past 3.11/95/98/ME/2000 collections are also still being seeded. Enjoy!
    Wow. I actually am surprised that many people are interested in those operating systems. They should download from here instead. :P

Thanks, by the way, for the XP collection. Downloading it right now.
  • Cool, I hope you enjoy it! Yes, a lot of people are still interested in classic software. These collections contain a lot of software that isn't available here, or isn't allowed here, so there you go. Plus, it's all in one place so you don't need to download and mount several floppy/cd images, so it's faster and less annoying to install everything on a virtual machine or real hardware.

Also, the Windows 3.11 Collection contains an optional custom quick installation of MS-DOS 6.22 + Windows For Workgroups 3.11 created by me that you won't find anywhere else.
  • Do you have this Encarta 2009 Premium in german too?

• @Fernando said:
    I have the program on this link https://archive.org/details/microsoftencartapremiumedition2009

I hope you like it

Can you tell me the label, when you insert the ISO into a virtual drive?

• DVD label is: E09AXLRD1