[OFFER] Microsoft Windows 98 Secrets Bonus Pack (1998)

edited September 2016 in Offers & Requests
Hi everyone,

I borrowed the Windows 98 Secrets Bonus Pack from the North Hollywood Library a month ago. It is due on January 16, 2015, so I decided to make an offer. With the administrators' permissions, I'll submit the files from the 3 CDs included in the pack.

The files contain 400+ power tools and utilities (installer programs, desktop publishing software, finance and investment software, and networking tools), plus the electronic edition of Brian Livingston and David Straub's book on Windows 98.

System requirements are:
--> Windows 95 or Windows 98
--> 16 MB of RAM
--> CD-ROM Drive
--> modem (or WinSock connection) needed to use Internet Software

If anybody is interested, and with the permissions of the administrators, I'll promptly submit the files.

Sincerely,
Benjy

Comments

• Sounds good. I can't give permission since I'm not an admin.
  • This sounds quite similar to Microsoft Plus 98, but probably better. I'm quite intrigued by it too by the way.
  • I'm not staff, but this would be really cool to check ouit on a VM. I'm still a teen so i wasn't around when all this stuff was in regular use
  • I don't think Benjy would be back to provide this gem, as he hasn't been on here for a long while. I even emailed him about it but got no response but if anyone else happen to have a copy of it lying around somewhere, that would be more than grateful :)
  • Bry89 wrote:
    I don't think Benjy would be back to provide this gem, as he hasn't been on here for a long while. I even emailed him about it but got no response but if anyone else happen to have a copy of it lying around somewhere, that would be more than grateful :)
    That sucks.How long has he been gone?I'd like to see this. And i did not see his last post. My bad. I always do that on a new forum and the mods usually grill me for it. And im gonna stop bumping this old thread before i get grilled.
  • Glancing at the old uploads I don't see that he ever uploaded this. But I'm not sure this is something we would add here. It is basically just a shareware collection that accompanies a book:

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Secrets-B ... 0764531948

"Learn the secrets of maximizing the power of Internet Explorer and the Active Desktop. Get expert advice on exploiting the newest features of Windows RM 98, including broadcast technology and new file management features for large hard drives. A three CD set contains almost TWO GIGABYTES of popular shareware, freeware and commercial demos. More than 400 products! Search quickly and easily with the electronic edition of the bestselling Windows RM 98 Secrets RM, 4th Edition-plus add the electronic edition to your Windows RM Help File for ultimate assistance. Easy access to the Internet with the latest 32-bit programs designed for Windows RM 98. Quick and complete Web Page design software that's easy to use, regardless of your HTML skill level. Years of experience is at your fingertips! All software is reviewed and used by the Authors so you don't have to spend the time searching the globe or your local software shop for the hottest Windows RM 98 software. Get the tools and advice you wish had come with Windows RM 98. Brian Livingston and Davis Straub bring you a three CD companion set to the book Windows RM 98 Secrets RM -- full of power-enhancing secrets on Windows RM 98 Secrets RM, 4th Edition. A placecard for a fourth CD which is included in the stand-alone book. Categories of software products include Internet Tools (including Internet Explorer 4), Web Page Design Software, Communication Programs and Utilities, Resource Monitors, Network Programs and Utilities, Virus Detection and Protection Software, Zip File Managers and Unzip Programs, Multimedia Programs, Games, Desktop Publishing and Font Utility Programs, Text Editor programs, Screen Savers, Alarms and Reminders, Security Software, Backgrounds and Wallpapers and much more"
  • An update... Benjy has just gotten back to me via email, after eight months since I contacted him (because he's been busy with real-life things) and has informed me some bad news. One was that he had to return it to his local library and two, he cannot find it anymore when information about is now missing from it's site so therefore, he never got the chance to upload it because of these things, more so for the former. Even though SomeGuy had doubted whether it should be a worthy addition or not, Benjy did say that are some useful tools in it although now obsolete compared to today's standards. Despite that, I hope he comes across it again sometime or would anyone else here find it elsewhere, even on Ebay.