Q version 0.9.0

edited June 2016 in Offers & Requests
The original page for this has been down for some time it seems, and my PowerMac G5 has the DMG still in it's download folder. Just wondering if I should upload it?

It's an emulator to run Windows under a PowerPC processor on Mac OS X 10.3 or later.

I find it quite useful, and I think one or two people could also find some use or interest in this.

Questions? Comments?

Comments

• Unfortunately that is not a very googleable name.

Would you please describe what this software is, and why you think it is historically significant? Was this commercial software? When was it released?
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Unfortunately that is not a very googleable name.

Would you please describe what this software is, and why you think it is historically significant? Was this commercial software? When was it released?

This was not commercial software as far as I know. I'm not sure when it was released, but it had to have been around Mac OS X 10.3 (which is it's requirement).

I don't really know of any other x86 emulators for PowerPC, so I thought it was worth a mention here since it's original page is gone.

http://powerpcaccess.blogspot.com/2013/02/virtual-windows-on-powerpc.html#.V2WDiRrnRXt Is where I originally got it, but the download link is broken.

PowerPC Access describes it as "Basically VirtualBox for PPC," which is exactly what it is. It allows you to run x86 operating systems inside a host window on your PowerPC-based Mac.

It's sort of like PCem but for Mac OS X if that helps.
  • Well, we don't normally carry freeware/shareware titles unless they are historically significant or provide some benefit to the community.

Apparently that was a PPC port of QEMU. The worst part is the source code is probably gone too.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Well, we don't normally carry freeware/shareware titles unless they are historically significant or provide some benefit to the community.

Apparently that was a PPC port of QEMU. The worst part is the source code is probably gone too.

Alright. I was just wondering if I could contribute.