[REQUEST] Duke Nukem 3D

edited July 2016 in Offers & Requests
Released in 1996 for the MS-DOS platform. Uses the "Build" engine.

Comments

• This is NOT abandonware. It's was on Steam and GOG.com until half a year ago, when it got removed due to the shift in rightsholders. You can be sure it will be back on Steam, maybe even on GOG. It has no place here.
  • This is NOT abandonware. It's was on Steam and GOG.com until half a year ago, when it got removed due to the shift in rightsholders. You can be sure it will be back on Steam, maybe even on GOG. It has no place here.
    Fuck those sites. You just need to know where to look, and you shall find it. I heavily doubt that the developers will give 2 shits if you download it with as abandonware. But enough of my rant. I found this for you.
  • If the previous publishers got to that site, rest assured it'd be DMCA'd for DN3D at least. Whoever is getting the rights now, I'd bet they won't be as forgiving.

When it comes to gaming, what can be purchased on at least one medium, is not abandonware. A third-party copyright team assigned by EA once took down a few modified registry files I made on MediaFire just to make a few older games work on Win10.
  • Plokite_Wolf said:
    "When it comes to gaming, what can be purchased on at least one medium, is not abandonware."

DOES THAT INCLUDE EBAY AND AMAZON?

Your definition of abandonware is NOT universally accepted. Some alternative definitions:

Computer software that is no longer distributed or supported by the developer or copyright holder.

Abandonware is a product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no product support is available.
    Although such software is usually still under copyright, the owner may not be tracking or enforcing copyright violations.

Abandonware is computer software that is no longer marketed or distributed by the company that created it, but is obtainable from
    some other source.
  • And this is why I don't normally bother with games.
This discussion has been closed.