Q's Excellent Epson Adventure!

2»

Comments

• OK, I need some help here, I DO NOT need "O well that wont work told you so I'm l33t :P".

It boots up, tries the FDD 1st, fails (No disk is drive, as it should be), tries HD for a sec or 2, then goes back to the FDD, sticks there, and goes from 16Mhz to 2Mhz.

I disabled the FDD, but now it just freezes after trying the HD...

-Q
  • Q wrote:
    OK, I need some help here, I DO NOT need "O well that wont work told you so I'm l33t :P".

It boots up, tries the FDD 1st, fails (No disk is drive, as it should be), tries HD for a sec or 2, then goes back to the FDD, sticks there, and goes from 16Mhz to 2Mhz.

I disabled the FDD, but now it just freezes after trying the HD...

-Q

I was saying that as a bad thing...

Erm... try...copy the install files to the HD first. Next, start installing off CD-ROM in the diag PC, now after the MS-DOS portian of setup complets, shut the PC off and put the laptop HD back in the Epson. Now boot it up into the graphical install and when it needs the install files, just tell it go to C:\INSTALL\ or whereever you put the install files.
  • Alright, I'll try that tomorrow or Thurs, I've got a maths examn tomorrow!

-Q
  • Didnt school end YET?!
  • Summer I my man!

-Q
  • OK, IBM told me something which I beleive is true, and also COPLETELY failes out the NT-on-Epson (Sounds like an old English town) idea.

NT is a 32Bit OS, 386SX is a 16Bit proc. So can I replace the 386SX with a regular 386?

OK, I disassembled and reassembled it. Damn they were made well! I've got 5 screws I forgot what to do with. It's a little shakier then when I started, but I found the 386SX and it's soldered in.

Sunk.

-Q
  • Damn. That sucks. Too bad.
  • Q wrote:
    Arrg! 1.5 da6ys wasted! VPC copied all 1000odd files to a single file instead of a directory!

Here we go again!

-Q

that happened to me too, but on a real system. I told it to save setup files (some DOS ver) to C:\DOS and it was in a file called DOS. (no extention)