Looking for Leadtek's CapView TV software...

edited November 2016 in Software
...or any TV tuner software that is compatible with windows 9x/ME. I have an ongoing project involving the use of legacy hardware (mainly for leisure purposes and also recovery of media), and one of my computers is running Windows 95. This computer currently has a Leadtek WinView 601 installed, and all I've managed to find for it is the drivers and that's really it. I haven't been able to find any previous version of CapView or any TV tuner software that works with windows 9x/ME. I thought I might try asking here because I can see that this whole website incorporates legacy hardware and software, so I assumed that somebody might be able to help me out here.

Comments

• Got a couple of images if that might help.
    d9c4808fcd.jpg
    48e893db11.jpg
  • Not sure but win98 and me have WebTV
  • Have you managed to have any success with the Web Archive to look for the old manufacturer's website from the late 90s? Sometimes the links are workable, sometimes not, but there's been instances where just finding the exact name of the self-extract EXE file can do wonders on Google search finding it on an FTP server etc.
  • No luck with that, robots.txt gets in the way.
  • Okay, a little update. I've tried using vidcap32, but when I go to change the video source it has 4 options: CVBS 1, CVBS 2, SVideo and Camera. This does not match the actual video inputs of the VisionMail.
  • Another update. CVBS 2 works fine, and I'm assuming SVideo works too but I dont seem to have the right type of cable. So basically, its not recognizing the RF input and has two bogus input options.
  • Major update - it turns out that my device is actually a WinView 601 and not a VisionMail 6601. I've also managed to find AMCap 1.0. I found the WinView drivers and replaced my existing VisionMail drivers. I opened up AMCap, went to change my video source and voila, Tuner, Composite, Svideo and Camera were the four available sources. I still don't know what Camera is doing there though, but I have the input choices I need.

The software I actually need now, however, is CapView TV. I do not have the remote for the WinView so my only hope of controlling the TV tuner is obtaining this software, judging from this information here: http://home.swipnet.se/pdv/produkter/gr ... 50404.html
  • IIRC, mostly all of these are based around some kind of specific capture chip that they put their branding onto the driver. IIRC, most of the old ones use either a Brooktree or Phillips chip.
  • Yes - This capture card uses a Brooktree BT848 chip. I still need CapView TV to actually be able to use the TV-FM tuner though. Right now that's my only hope because I have no clue where the remote is.
  • FYI: Nothing is broadcasting in analog anymore. Unless you have a digital converter box, (and even then ideally with channel passthrough) it's not going to be useful.
  • Well I actually do, but I also have an Atari 1040STe and a panasonic VHS camera, and both of them use RF cables. I just don't feel like using multiple individual TV units.