Can I upload Windows XP Service Packs?

edited December 2016 in Software
Can I upload some service packs for Windows XP? I believe that we are allowed to upload security patches or so but I'm not sure about Windows XP because as ever is reminding us the page we cannot upload yet XP final versions, but some service packs are older and are not supported by Microsoft. And those ones are not easy to found so they're "dissapearing" and they are not complete OSes, just are some security patches So can we upload Windows XP service packs?

Comments

• Read this carefully.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6612

It is no useless to upload (contribute) patch or service pack for Windows XP on WinWorld.
  • Service packs are freely redistributable and therefore do not need to be hosted here, although we do provide a few updates and patches for convenience.

On the other hand if anyone comes across an uncommon old driver, update, or patch, that has truly fallen off of the face of the internet then we might consider that.

Of course, no XP. :P
  • Just wondering, when will we be able to host windows XP for download on this site
  • A long, long, long time.
  • Thank you al for the answer, I 'd have been if I wouldn't know aboiut this!! You al saber my from ti be banned
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Service packs are freely redistributable and therefore do not need to be hosted here, although we do provide a few updates and patches for convenience.

On the other hand if anyone comes across an uncommon old driver, update, or patch, that has truly fallen off of the face of the internet then we might consider that.
    I think Windows XP Service Packs are sliding in that direction. It wasn't the easiest thing to find a link in Google that is just SP3, and not the entire OS with preinstalled SP3, for an SP1 computer I got not too long ago. And I didn't get the standard one, I got a debug build, because Googling skills sometimes fail me :P

Still, would be nice if the SPs (not the OS with preinstalled SPs, before you reach for the banhammer) were included here, just as updates for older Windows OSes are.
  • Microsoft is still selling Windows XP via MSDN Subscription.
    So, I recommend not to request or search XP on here.