REQ: Vista beta 5212

edited January 2017 in Offers & Requests
vista build 5212 (not 5219)
since BA won't share it, can someone pull it from their ftp and share here ?

Comments

• Well, I recommend to contact BA.
    No one will help you to share their ftp on here.
  • not ftp
    just iso
  • Vista is really still too new here for a MS product. There are some Longhorn betas here, but they were already here ages ago. Not planning to add to those.

On a side rant, it's not that damn hard to get access to BA. They only ask that you contribute a little something first. Heck back in the old BBS days asking for a few uploads before granting access to file areas was the standard way to do things. Just go to a garage sale or a thrift store and grab a couple old CDs, image, scan and upload. It's not like you have to hunt down an 8" floppy drive, repair parts, alignment disks, interface cards, learn how bake Wabash disks and so on. And it doesn't have to be something they don't have, they gladly accept "alternate" dumps, and most of what they do already have are old crap warez dumps. Yet kids bitch and whine over there like it is some sort of major hardship to find a scanner, or that they will be turned in to an outcast for buying a USB 3.5" floppy drive or some such.

Sadly most vintage computing enthusiasts avoid that site mainly because the only thing they ever seem to care about archiving are terabytes of Microsoft Windows 10 betas. And because of the whining kids.
  • 2005 is too new?
    2004 is too new? - yup thats the build I upped here, seems that one also doesn't qualify as meaningful

man you people...
  • Wendigo wrote:
    2005 is too new?
    2004 is too new? - yup thats the build I upped here, seems that one also doesn't qualify as meaningful

man you people...

You are being silly. It takes but a quick scan of Winworld's front pages to understand that Microsoft has already insisted on an even older OS being removed - such as XP - and 17 year old apps like Office 2000.

It is without merit to upload and then make available software that with certainty will cause an issue. It's one thing to have a couple of unintended incidents - quite another to deliberately antagonize a company.

The one advantage Betaarchive has in this regard is that the files are not "freely available to the general public". Without the dubious distinction of ftp access privileges, one cannot simply get whatever they want. I see them talking about Windows 10 betas even.

I admit that site (BA) and its denizens are bizarro. Def a weird cult-like air about the place. An old scumbag like me doesn't stand a chance there.
This discussion has been closed.