Can anyone here read 90's Toshiba Manufucture Dates?

edited June 2017 in Hardware
So recently, I have gone back to give my Toshiba T2100 some love.

According to an add from PC Magazine in May of 1995, it came with 4MB of ram and a 260MB hard drive. The hard drive was still the original 260MB, but the previous owner had upgraded the ram to 20mb before they installed Windows 95 on it.

Here's the advertisement:

(it's the first one in the Toshiba section)

https://books.google.ca/books?id=D4gTpB ... nt&f=false

So I went and took out the extra 16mb ram module they put in, and brought ti back to the factory 4MB of ram, formatted the hard drive, and installed MS-DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, as I'd expect it to have been loaded with or at least used on it, seeing as there was an advertisement for it months before the release of Windows 95.

However, I am interest in figuring out exactly when it was manufactured, year, month, and day.

I looked up the model and the serial number on google but I got nothing.

I have heard that serial numbers or other codes manufacturers put on their products can be used to tell the manufacture date.

I don't know how to read any 90's Toshiba serial numbers or other Codes.

I will leave a picture I took of the only stickered information on it, and hopefully someone can figure out the manufacture date... I'd really like to know:
19399907_10209864495553224_5676441776727286702_n.jpg?oh=504a191af6e635bfc00cc1c2adbfb99c&oe=59D97A50

Comments

• I'm at a loss, one of the few things that clicks is cristmas day , 1994-5 (025-12)
    another is january 25th, 1995, as i think the computer had been out for a few months when the magazine came out, or even the 281st day of the year, October 9th, and the owner could've bought windows 95, more ram, and the laptop on the same day, or within a few months of each other.
  • Maybe Toshiba's support page for the T2100 could help you? I haven't got time to look at it in detail right now but I think this page may hold the answer.
  • Erito17 wrote:
    Maybe Toshiba's support page for the T2100 could help you? I haven't got time to look at it in detail right now but I think this page may hold the answer.

No, already checked that, no information at all, and all the drivers seem to be from the 2000's date wise...
  • That serial number isn't going to get you very far. Yes, sometimes the serial numbers can tell you the date codes - but it looks like in this case the serial number has no relation to the date. Does it really matter when exactly it was manufactured? I'd say sometime in 1995, and that's really all the information you need for placing it on a general relativity to other laptops out at the time