[OFFER] Compaq Presario 1255/1235 QuickRestore Win98FE

edited August 2017 in Offers & Requests
Long time lurker here!
I have a "QuickRestore" CD from a Compaq Presario 1255 that I was unable to rescue. The CD itself contains Windows 98FE With all the cool Compaq programs and utilities. If anyone wants it let me know and I will upload it to my google drive.

Comments

• Me! I would like to have this one. Please.

And do you have any other restore disk in your posession?

Thank you very much.
  • My father used to work for Compaq so we have some Compaq knickknack stuff. Strangely he never once brought home a Compaq PC. :P
    I will upload the ISO now. In our pile of Compaq stuff I found QuickRestore CD's for an unknown Armada made in the year 2000. We never owned a Compaq so I'm not sure why we have this. The box includes an NT4.0 QuickRestore and 3 W2K SP1 QuickRestore CDs.
  • 4GLeaf wrote:
    My father used to work for Compaq so we have some Compaq knickknack stuff. Strangely he never once brought home a Compaq PC. :P
    I will upload the ISO now. In our pile of Compaq stuff I found QuickRestore CD's for an unknown Armada made in the year 2000. We never owned a Compaq so I'm not sure why we have this. The box includes an NT4.0 QuickRestore and 3 W2K SP1 QuickRestore CDs.
    Really? Delightful! So lucky your father was in working for that company. :D

Well, it depends if the hate on Compaq or not steers your opinion. I could never understand why there was some sort of general hate towards the brand. As from my experience, besides a few problems on driver issues and non-trivial installation, Compaq computers have been quite reliable and relatively easy to find spare parts.

Now, I appreciate your upload, I will be waiting for it. And please, if you can share any more Compaq assets, I would be grateful for it. The only CD I can share is the restore disk for the Compaq Presario 1080, as it is the only computer I have in complete form (documents, original media, bag, cables, supplements, etc.). If you (or anybody) wants, I can share it here as well. Too bad WinWorld doesn't accept restore disks, but alas, won't delve into it.

Again, thank you very much for the offer.
  • I presume I'm allowed to send a link to the QuickRestore CD here? I mean you still have to enter a genuine Win98 key to activate the OS anyway. I will be uploading it tonight. Internet in rural Canada sucks and is very slow :P But yes my father hated Compaq. He also did some side work for HP and quit his job entirely when HP merged with Compaq.
    I like Compaq products for the sole purpose that we have lots of random Compaq stuff. We have ThankQ's, An F1 car with Compaq logos on it, a Compaq "adventures in excellence" pencil holder, Compaq coaster, Compaq stress ball, the list goes on and on.
    As for my experience with them, it hasn't been great. The most pleasant Compaq I owned was a Presario 1830. Just yesterday my precious LTE 5100 nearly went up in flames. The AC jack started crackling and emitting smoke and the whole unit shorted and shut down. The Presario 1255 I have was actually revived today! I'm in the process of now JB welding the hinges to fix them (they love to break on the older Presarios).
    Anyway I should have a link for the 98FE 1255 QR up tomorrow morning :)
  • What sort of "Compaq programs and utilities" does this include? I think my first computer was the only Compaq I ever owned, though I can't remember the model. I wouldn't mind taking a stroll down memory lane if I recognize something.
  • The Year when this System Restore CD came out? 1998? or Early 1999 before Win98SE?