Download issuse

I am having troble downloading the Windows 98 Upgrades (both FE and SE) all of the mirrors are not working or just plain slow.
Windows 98 FE upgrade:
File URL: https://winworldpc.com/download/c380c5be-c383-c290-e280-930111c3a4ef
Server: Any server
Problem: Not downloading

Windows 98 SE upgrade:
File URL: https://winworldpc.com/download/417858c2-a118-c39a-11c3-a4e284a2c3a5
Server: Any server
Problem: Not downloading

If some could provide a working download link for both that would be awesome
Suggest for WinWorld: Since you are the best site for downloading old software, how about adding torrents for the links. That way there will be no download troble. Thanks!

Comments

• It seems the "bubbles" mirror is down at the moment, but the others seem to be working fine.

• @droem said:
    how about adding torrents for the links

I believe the admins have toyed with this idea in the past but found it way too inefficient. So, as of now, it's not going to happen.

• Inefficient?
    How long ago did they toy with this?

• @HorseBatteryStaple said:
    Inefficient?
    How long ago did they toy with this?

Don’t know how long ago, but they did say something about seeds or whatnot.

• Seeding?
    I think they should try the torrent idea again, but I have no power here...

• If the software is released using torrents, it would be difficult to make updates in the future. There have been several times already where downloads have been replaced because the old one was bad. Also, they would have to decide whether to use an existing tracker or host their own. I would think that's more of a headache than the admins want to deal with at the moment.

• @Totengeist said:
    If the software is released using torrents, it would be difficult to make updates in the future. There have been several times already where downloads have been replaced because the old one was bad. Also, they would have to decide whether to use an existing tracker or host their own. I would think that's more of a headache than the admins want to deal with at the moment.

...hence their saying that it was inefficient.

• @SomeGuy said:
    It seems the "bubbles" mirror is down at the moment, but the others seem to be working fine.

Then two other are really slow, about 50 to 600 kb/s about 5% downloaded, it fails. And one question, when will bubbles be back up, because that is the best one.

Seeding?
    I think they should try the torrent idea again, but I have no power here...

I agree, much better download time and reliable, too.

• Reliable? Right, because everyone and their mother wants to help seed Expert Typing For Windows

Every time I have gone looking for something on a torrent and find one that claims to be what I am looking for, it always winds up being some abandoned torrent with zero seeders. Or perhaps one from who-knows-where that keeps bitting in and out. Even well seeded torrents are painfully slow since most ISPs throttle torrent traffic to hell. (If yours doesn’t then be glad). And the ones that are well seeded seem to often be 9000 terabyte monstrosities that would take years to download.

If the Winworld archive was a "dead" unchanging archive, then one large torrent might make sense, but that is not what Winworld is.

BTW, all the mirrors seem to be up and at full speed right now.

• @SomeGuy said:
    Reliable? Right, because everyone and their mother wants to help seed Expert Typing For Windows

Every time I have gone looking for something on a torrent and find one that claims to be what I am looking for, it always winds up being some abandoned torrent with zero seeders. Or perhaps one from who-knows-where that keeps bitting in and out. Even well seeded torrents are painfully slow since most ISPs throttle torrent traffic to hell. (If yours doesn’t then be glad). And the ones that are well seeded seem to often be 9000 terabyte monstrosities that would take years to download.

If the Winworld archive was a "dead" unchanging archive, then one large torrent might make sense, but that is not what Winworld is.

Yeah... I kinda realized that after I read this https://forum.winworldpc.com/discussion/9324/torrents#latest

• @Erito17 said:
    ...hence their saying that it was inefficient.

Exactly, but since someone said:

@HorseBatteryStaple said:

Inefficient?

I figured I'd clarify.

• Okay.
    I guess I'm just a bit grumpy, being stuck with a 2003 Intel B Wi-Fi card.
    Its just so painfully slow...

Okay.
    I guess I'm just a bit grumpy, being stuck with a 2003 Intel B Wi-Fi card.
    Its just so painfully slow...

Look on Amazon, I found a lot of good WiFi at cheap prices.

• Wi-Fi cards?
    The reason I have a $50 laptop is that I'm so broke.
    So I can't really afford a better one.

• Wi-Fi cards?
    The reason I have a $50 laptop is that I'm so broke.
    So I can't really afford a better one.

Then connect it via Ethernet, at least it’s a little bit faster. You can do that when your downloading big files or stuff like that.> @HorseBatteryStaple said:

• I can't do that, mostly because I'm a teen, who lives with his family, and they (reasonably) won't let me move the modem into my room, and I can't have my laptop on top of the modem stand that right next to a walkway.

I can't do that, mostly because I'm a teen, who lives with his family, and they (reasonably) won't let me move the modem into my room, and I can't have my laptop on top of the modem stand that right next to a walkway.

I feel bad for you, I’m only in 8th grade and I got a pretty beefy computer.

• I'm also 13, on the tenth anyway.
    I'm stuck with a 2003 Powerhouse IBM ThinkPad x31 type 2885, stock specs.
    (60GB hdd, 512 RAM, Wi-Fi, Modem Card, EtherNet, 2 USB, ect.)

I'm also 13, on the tenth anyway.
    I'm stuck with a 2003 Powerhouse IBM ThinkPad x31 type 2885, stock specs.
    (60GB hdd, 512 RAM, Wi-Fi, Modem Card, EtherNet, 2 USB, ect.)

I have this guy: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03154290
    But with a EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2gb

• BUBBLES IS BLAZING FAST!!!!!!!

• @droem said:
    BUBBLES IS BLAZING FAST!!!!!!!

Still haven’t gotten the lowercase mod for your TRS-80, eh?

From what location is it blazing fast?

• @Erito17 said:

@droem said:
    BUBBLES IS BLAZING FAST!!!!!!!

Still haven’t gotten the lowercase mod for your TRS-80, eh?

From what location is it blazing fast?

No, I do not have such old computer.

And what do you mean by locations?

• HOOOLLLLLLLYYYYY SHOOT THATS YOUR COMPUTER?

HOOOLLLLLLLYYYYY SHOOT THATS YOUR COMPUTER?

Yes, but my FIRST computer had a Pentium 4 and 2gb of RAM and a old GeForce card.
    I had a laptop once but the Bios battery died and somehow destroyed the bios. But the piece of crap had a Pentium 3 and 512MB of RAM Windows XP ( Came with Windows ME but a Windows XP upgrade)

• @droem said:

That was supposed to be a joke. Please don't type in ALL CAPS unless absolutely necessary.

From which part of the world is Bubbles blazing fast?

• @Erito17 said:

@droem said:

That was supposed to be a joke. Please don't type in ALL CAPS unless absolutely necessary.

From which part of the world is Bubbles blazing fast?

I knew it was a joke.

Bubbles is fast in Florida, USA