Ideas

So my idea is to use pcjs to emulate os like Windows 3 in browser

Comments

• @sagu said:
    So my idea is to use pcjs to emulate os like Windows 3 in browser

And?

• Not much of an idea, we considered that ages ago for sampling both OSes and applications. Aside from the added complexity it has similar drawbacks to posting VMs. Everyone always wants each VM configured their own way, and we don't want 10000 different VMs. Also, compatibility between the emulator and software can change, breaking things. There is the problem too that an emulator is just an insane thing to implement in browser scripting. I'm surprised they have not already run in to problems with rapid browser releases randomly breaking things.

A downloadable emulator is a much more suitable choice.

Who knows, we might yet implement something like that but it would be way down the road and quite a bit of effort. So don't hold your breath.

• Having done stuff like this myself, you would be amazed how browser drift breaks stuff. It's frustrating and feels like you are constantly going in circles.

• Why not do something to improve the library WinWorld already has like uploading screenshots of Windows ME that aren't BSODs

• @jrepperger said:
    Why not do something to improve the library WinWorld already has like uploading screenshots of Windows ME that aren't BSODs

I'm sure they uploaded those screenshots as a joke, because of how lame it was.

• It would make more sense as a "try-before-you-buy" (or download, in this case), so users could see what they're getting before they download. Archive.org has previews like these for certain software; maybe you could link to their site? (AFAIK they run the OS/program in a jsdosbox environment.)

• @Erito17 said:
    (AFAIK they run the OS/program in a jsdosbox environment.)

And what is wrong with that?

• @windowsfan said:
    And what is wrong with that?

No one said there was anything wrong with it.