[REQUEST] Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000

I would love to see MS Flight Simulator 2000 or 2000 Professional Edition come to WinWorld. We have a lot of versions of flight simulator but they are mainly the old ones for DOS.

Comments

• I have an original copy of this - it comes on 2 CDs. Also have some compatible add-ons for planes, a no-CD crack, and the version 2.0b update files. I'm pretty sure it's only the Standard edition.

• @thinkpadman said:
    I have an original copy of this - it comes on 2 CDs. Also have some compatible add-ons for planes, a no-CD crack, and the version 2.0b update files. I'm pretty sure it's only the Standard edition.

I also have a original copy I got from goodwill. Mine is Professional Edition with 3 CDs. The problem is the program does not work on Windows 10. Although it does run on my Windows 2000 laptop. You also need to put the cd in the drive every time you want to play the game. I assume they did this to save disk by storing most of the game files on the disk instead of installing them on the local disk. Someone would have to modify the program to not need to start from the cd if it were to be uploaded to WinWorld.

• No, it was a form of basic copy protection they did for a few years, including other game developers. It was somewhat effective when CD burners weren't as common and costed much more than now. It wasn't long before the so-called no-CD cracks became available which usually just modified the EXE file to skip searching for the CD in the drive. I'm guessing that crack would work for both editions.

• @thinkpadman said:
    No, it was a form of basic copy protection they did for a few years, including other game developers. It was somewhat effective when CD burners weren't as common and costed much more than now. It wasn't long before the so-called no-CD cracks became available which usually just modified the EXE file to skip searching for the CD in the drive. I'm guessing that crack would work for both editions.

Both editions are practically the same, the Professional edition just adds some more detailed citys and planes.