Motherboard swap for a Dell Dimension 2400 and new face plate design

So, a couple of weeks ago, I found a Dell Dimension 2400 at a Garage Sale for $10. I inspected it cleaned it and booted it up. Everything with works like its brand new. I upgraded Windows XP to Windows 7, barly any slow down. But it well never see Windows 10. So I want to swap out the motherboard, but keep it's early 2000's charm. I'm not very good nor have the time to look for used parts. So I'm wondering if y'all can help me?

Motherboard: Something that supports a floppy drive, multiple HDD's a supports at least a Core 2 Quad.
Floppy drive: something that's not going to shot floppy disk at me.

Can any of y'all submit face plates design to me to? Thanks!

Comments

• Does anyone recommend any Core 2 Quad motherboards? Or some kind of motherboard that has floppy drive support?

• Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. I have one fitted in a Dell Dimension 4600 case (same case as the 2400) right now with a Core 2 Quad Q9650. I would suggest sticking with 95w (or below) CPUs, else you run the risk of going thermo-nuclear. Stock cooler and the single rear exhaust fan is sufficient at keeping temps in check. At 100% load you should be around 60C-65C.

• @Icon said:
    Gigabyte G41M-ES2L. I have one fitted in a Dell Dimension 4600 case (same case as the 2400) right now with a Core 2 Quad Q9650. I would suggest sticking with 95w (or below) CPUs, else you run the risk of going thermo-nuclear. Stock cooler and the single rear exhaust fan is sufficient at keeping temps in check. At 100% load you should be around 60C-65C.

Thanks, I plan to have the case slightly modified to fit more fans. Like one at the front where the vent is on the face plate. I need to find a way to move that harddrove cage.

• You could also just purchase a 5.25" bay cooler. Or a PCI slot blower fan.

• @Icon said:
    You could also just purchase a 5.25" bay cooler. Or a PCI slot blower fan.

A PCI blower fan? Never heard of those

• @Icon

Just looked at the motherboard. Very nice, thinking about getting it.

• @Icon

What should I do with the front USB ports, one of them is fried and the other has slow speeds.

• Not much you can do about the front USB ports, unless you want to spend the time rewiring them to a standard 8 pin USB connector.

This is a PCI blower fan. Typically uses a molex connector.

• I do plan to gut out the USB hub and add USB 3.0 and pair with a 3.0 card