2 very major things wrong with this fourm.

1) Oh SWEET HONEY BARBEQUE SAUCE, I FORGOT MY PASSWORD! Now, were is the "I forgot my password" button? WHAT? THERE IS NONE! I mean really, where is the forgot password button?

2) I would like to talk about what I had for dinner last night. But I can't because I have no friend and WINBOARDS DOES NOT HAVE A DANG OFF TOPIC SECTION! But any ways I had chicken stuffed with ham and cheese and a baked potato.

Comments

• We did have an off-topic section. It got filled with garbage. And now we don't have one.

• What SomeGuy said. And that things went really chaotic for that specific section just seconds before it got taken off, especially when we had a certain group of undesirables raising hell there. If you want to talk about random things in life, there are other forums out there for this sort of thing. Heck, you can even do it in a Discord server freely.

Also, just checked that there isn't a "forgot password" thing. A bit of a bummer really. I wonder why this forum software left that out when many others have it :\

• For now, you should include a Forgot Password link that just opens the email client with WinWorld's email address plus a prefilled subject and message.

• The last time I checked, winworldpc.com e-mail was still not working, which makes both of those impossible.

• @SomeGuy said:
    We did have an off-topic section. It got filled with garbage. And now we don't have one.

Isn't that what's OFF TOPIC is for? Maybe you should set rules next time you have one.

• No, “off topic” would be for intelligent discussion that is still relevant to the site but does not fit in to the other topics.

We did have rules, but we did not have time to hand-hold all the users who felt they did not need to follow them.

• @SomeGuy said:
    No, “off topic” would be for intelligent discussion that is still relevant to the site but does not fit in to the other topics.

We did have rules, but we did not have time to hand-hold all the users who felt they did not need to follow them.

Huh, I didn't think that though. I guess I need some coffee. What about the forgot password feature?

• @SomeGuy said:
    No, “off topic” would be for intelligent discussion that is still relevant to the site but does not fit in to the other topics.

And as you would know, some were just taking the liberty, hence of it taken down. The same for the Activity bit that was around.

Although, if any of them or both were considered to be brought back, could they be moderated at a regular basis at least? Just a thought.

Also to the OP, SomeGuy had already explained as to why the "forgot password" wasn't working. Just keep calm and wait for a fix. Have some coffee while you're at it. It'll do you good.

• @SomeGuy said:
    The last time I checked, winworldpc.com e-mail was still not working, which makes both of those impossible.

No, not that-- remember the outlook.com email or something that was created while WinWorld was down? Use that.

• How can I close my own thread? Or can only admins do that?

• They can only do it.

• @Bry89 said:
    They can only do it.

Nuts, I don't want this to over flow like my Windows 10 thread.

• Overflow? If the responses are still on-topic, how does a discussion overflow?

• @Totengeist said:
    Overflow? If the responses are still on-topic, how does a discussion overflow?

Well, it's on topic, It just has a lot of negative feedback

• Well, yeah. If it were only praise, then it wouldn't be a discussion. It wouldn't be very interesting to me if it were only an echo chamber.

• @Totengeist said:
    Well, yeah. If it were only praise, then it wouldn't be a discussion. It wouldn't be very interesting to me if it were only an echo chamber.

What is a echo chamber?

• It's where everybody agrees together on whatever they're discussing.

• @SomeGuy said:

You can have a "General Dicussion" section where goes all what doesn't goes in other forums, and "Off Topic" for Off Topic things like what was your first computer

• It really wouldn't hurt to bring those back now, would it? I mean, it had been over two years since "Random Crap" went away. As long as there's enough moderation for them, then everything can go smoothly.

And supposing that it cannot, you are all free to flock to my general chat forum, that I told the OP about recently. Some of the other WW folk are there too

• On the old forum, there was a way to force moderation so that new users couldn't post. I wonder if Vanilla has something like that that we could use on such a forum so that only longer standing users can post there without moderation.