Windows Blackcomb (Codename for Windows 7)

I would request Windows Blackcomb, I know what you said about Windows XP and Later but you do host Windows Longhorn (Codename for Windows Vista) plus Windows Blackcomb is really rare and in danger of disappearing so I request Windows Blackcomb

Comments

• Yes, Longhorn is hosted here but the staff have made it clear that they will not host anything after it, like for XP.

• Blackcomb never happened, there are no known builds, at most there was a concept video released.

• Not an admin nor a VIP member, but this is another policy of WinWorld. They don't accept betas associated with non-abandonware. According to SomeGuy, an admin on this site, the only reason WinWorld has Windows Longhorn is because that was part of an archive from a long time ago.

• facepalm... Windows Blackcomb is Windows 7. Just get access to BetaArchive's FTP as WinWorldPC doesn't host any beta after Longhorn and likely won't for a long time.

• I wonder if the torrents for 7 beta builds are still active at all...

• @wingzeroismine said:
    I wonder if the torrents for 7 beta builds are still active at all...

Idk. I wanted to install Windows Vista Beta 2 just because of the startup sound...
    Little did i know most of the sounds were from Windows XP and there was only 1 Windows Vista sound. The Shutdown sound. However, the shutdown sound was just the Windows Vista Logoff Sound. :neutral: .

• @wingzeroismine said:
    Blackcomb never happened, there are no known builds, at most there was a >concept video released.

and

@RgamesOffical said:
    I would request Windows Blackcomb, I know what you said about Windows XP and >Later but you do host Windows Longhorn (Codename for Windows Vista) plus >Windows Blackcomb is really rare and in danger of disappearing so I request >Windows Blackcomb

According to my research Windows Blackcomb was renamed to Windows 7. SO That means that Windows Blackcomb is actually Windows 7.

@BF10 said this already but if you didn't care to read that you'd probably didn't care read this.

• edited July 2019

Blackcomb was the old codename for the Windows version after Longhorn. Later on the codename was changed to Vienna.

So theoretically speaking, Blackcomb is Vienna and Vienna is Windows 7's codename:

Blackcomb > Vienna > 7

• contrary to popular belief, windows Blackcomb is NOT the code name for windows 7, windows 7 was code named “7”. And Windows Blackcomb has NOTHING TO DO WITH Windows 7.
    Also can you guys over at WinWorld PC get Blackcomb builds?
  • Blackcomb might have some builds?
    But NONE have leaked as of December 2020.
    So BF10, Can you LEAK a Blackcomb build, Plz?
  • edited December 2020
    There haven't been any leaked at all, if they were ever made beyond for testing back in 2000/2001 (before Longhorn was the successor to Whistler)

And we don't really have newer betas here. (We have Whistler and Longhorn only because they are mildly interesting and they have been here for a long time)

And asking someone to leak something and likely violate an NDA isn't exactly going to get that thing leaked.