Platform Builder 2.x

Comments

• This is a add-on for platform builder

• Is there a way to get platform builder to make windows ce, because I don't know how they get platform builder and visual studio.

• @Winworldpc Fan 9000 said:
    Is there a way to get platform builder to make windows ce, because I don't know how they get platform builder and visual studio.

I suggest you ask this question in the Software forum. You're more likely to get a reply there.

• @Erito17 said:

@Winworldpc Fan 9000 said:
    Is there a way to get platform builder to make windows ce, because I don't know how they get platform builder and visual studio.

I suggest you ask this question in the Software forum. You're more likely to get a reply there.

OK

• Do you also have ther serial to this product? I just wanted to look at CEPC and this would be really nice :)

• It should follow the generic us area code +mod 7

• I'm sorry, but I don't understand that, the serial has the format "123-1234567".
    What is the generic us area code? With "+mod 7" you mean modulo operation?

If you mean module, is that right?:
    serial = generic code + (generic_code modulo 7)

• edited August 2018

I found one, when looking at your other uploads on archive.org.
    438-2280171
    It is on a yellow sticker on a MSDN CD you uploaded.
    Thank you!!!

//me is going to have a look at CEPC - hopefully it is what I'm searching for.

//edit: yellow - sticker ... hmm ... something popped up in my mind ... saerched - bingo!
    I remembered having a soft-case with a yellow sticker, it is such a code, but I don't know if it works, here it is:
    335-3353356

• I just have checked, the second number also works:
    335-3353356

• edited August 2018

A side-note:

When I install this onto a Windows 2000 machine, there will be no Start-Menu-entries.
    On Windows NT4 SP6a everything works fine, NT4 is the recommended one by MS for this product.

I successfully generated a slightly modified Maxall-CEPC image on Windows NT4, not tried on W2k up to now, but I will report if it works, as soon I have tried.

• I did all my dev on NT4 back in the day, including the IDE driver, as you'll find out real quick that 2.11 is a memory only OS... I lost some of it with moves and crap but I put everything I could find on sourceforge

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ceatadrv/?source=directory

After that I built nethack for CE and some other stuff to make some old office machines into nethack consoles...

• The memory-only thing is known by me by old casio handhelds using CE2.xx

The desired use would be a cash register. I am collecting these (own 4 PC based by now) and I have a pile of broken ones. I want to build up another one of those old broken ones.
    Having just the WinCE on that cute 12" elo-Touchscreen would be really great :)

I am thinking about a configuration with a 16MB disk-on-chip (which I already have) holding DOS and Loadcepc + Image, will make things quite easy I think.

This ata driver looks nice :)

• It looks like Visual Studio... and CE well.. it kinda looks a little like 95. 2.11 doesn't have the desktop apps or anything so it's barren.

• Does anyone know how can I use this to make a CEPC to use in VirtualBox?