[REQUEST] Windows 95 OPK iso

Hi.

I have been searching for the Windows 95 OEM Preinstallation Kit iso for ages now with no luck. If anyone has it could you please upload it to Google Drive or archive.org? I am aware that the OPK is on the Windows 95 OEM CD. But it does not contain all the tools and the OPK is not on the Windows 95 OEM RTM or OSR1 CD.

Kind Regards,

MicrosoftTech21

Comments

• IIRC the OEM preinstall stuff came on a floppy disk and you had to use the regular CD.

AT LEAST the computer shop where I used to buy stuff did like this. Wheter this was a genuine MS boot floppy or not - I can't say for sure, but I assume it was official.

• No it did not. The OPK tools were on the CD and a floppy would need to be created.

I am searching for the Windows 95 OPK iso like this down below.

https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15522

P.S, The download links are dead.

• So, once you have a floppy you could use the regular CD, but for creating this disk one needs the OPK disc, right?
    What I remember is, that in this computer shop - where I was hanging out a lot - they always used the regular Win95 CD and a handwritten-labeled bootdisk.

• I think so. The Windows 95 OEM CD had the OPK on it. But the OPK is not on the Windows 95 OEM RTM & OSR1 CD'S. The iso I am looking for is on the BetaArchive Website I send in my last comment. I have been searching for this iso for ages with no luck. I hope someone will make my lucky day. And with the OPK on the Windows 95 OEM OSR2 till OSR2.5 CD'S, you would run the OPK program to configure your settings, make a bootdisk, modify it so it works, make sure you have a CD-ROM Driver for your CD-ROM. Then insert your Windows 95 OEM CD with the floppy and away you go. But I am searching for the OPK iso I sent the link to in my last post as it is not on the Windows 95 OEM RTM & OSR1 CD'S.

• Maybe it is in betaarchive's ftp. Everyone can read the list of what's available, but not download.
    If it is in there, someone can download. There are a few users here around with download access to betaarchive.

• Check here: https://www.betaarchive.com/database/

It's a database of all what is and what is not in the BA's FTP

• @sdose said:
    Maybe it is in betaarchive's ftp. Everyone can read the list of what's available, but not download.
    If it is in there, someone can download. There are a few users here around with download access to betaarchive.

• To be honest, I also really would appreciate, if someone would make this available - maybe just in a private conversation, if betaarchive does not like sharing...

A few weeks ago I ripped really a lot of CDs and started uploading to archive.org - somehow it was not a good idea. Betaarchive's access to ftp is bound to a unique release, that wasn't uploaded elsewhere before. I should have had a look a this first...

But anyway, winworld is the place I like :)

• In fact, you can still rip them "the right way" and get FTP Access (Since I'm supposing you just made ISOs of the discs). And BetaArchive does accept sharing, it just ahppens that they do not like it that much, since what they want is a win-win ("You help us grow our collection, we grant you access to it"). I'll download it and share it with you, but please be patient, my connection isn't the best

And @sdose, if you get FTP access, do not start sharing everything from the FTP everywhere, since that makes useless the purpose of making restricted the FTP

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    In fact, you can still rip them "the right way" and get FTP Access (Since I'm supposing you just made ISOs of the discs).

I have the ISOs and I could go to a friend for a scanner to do the pictures. So maybe one day I'll make it. I have a few things that are not on betaarchive.

I'll download it and share it with you, but please be patient, my connection isn't the best

Wow thank you! but "share it with me" makes me feel having stolen from thread opener ;) I just have attached myself to the inital question ;)

And @sdose, if you get FTP access, do not start sharing everything from the FTP everywhere, since that makes useless the purpose of making restricted the FTP

I understand and I will respect this, if I ever get in there.

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    In fact, you can still rip them "the right way" and get FTP Access (Since I'm supposing you just made ISOs of the discs). And BetaArchive does accept sharing, it just ahppens that they do not like it that much, since what they want is a win-win ("You help us grow our collection, we grant you access to it"). I'll download it and share it with you, but please be patient, my connection isn't the best

Hi.

Since I requested the OPK as well. Can you please also share with me?

• To make sure, you'll get it: If he sends to me, I'll immediately forward it to you.

• Hi sdose.

Since I am new here, Will I need to check my inbox where my messages will get saved?

• You will get a red notification icon top left of this page. I'll send you test-pm right now.

• @sdose said:
    You will get a red notification icon top left of this page. I'll send you test-pm right now.

I got it.

• Sorry for being too specific, I am going to post a link right into this post, so everybody who searches throught the forum and founds this post can download the OPK

• Alright. Thanks for that. I assume you will post a link shortly as I have not found one yet.

• edited October 2018

Sorry, but I've just come from school, so I've just started uploading, and with a 50 KB/S upload speed, and a 376 MB file, the thing will be long, so it will probably be posted here tomorrow

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    Sorry, but I've just come from school, so I've just started uploading, and with a 50 KB/S upload speed, and a 376 MB file, the thing will be long, so it will probably be posted here tomorrow

OK. Thanks for letting me know. Does the upload have an estimated time remaining?

• SistemaRayoXP.

Has the file finished uploading yet? The download link has not been posted yet.

• edited October 2018

Mediafire has been giving me many problems while attempting to upload the file (Attempted 3 times, the 3 it got stuck onto 7.24%) and I have homework, that's why I haven't uploaded yet. I'm going to upload to Mega and see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll let you know and I'll switch to G Drive

• Ok, Mega worked better this time.

File: WIN95_OPKIE.ISO
    Size: 351.4 MB
    Link: https://mega.nz/#!dS5DhA7Q!XTsJZ8bBGf5cIA95XyTkwPFwEsGzg0NOMgTzNHJ71JA
    MD5: 658db074039ac21c6b91f80bd9553a7f
    SHA-256: 09aa254a1286bbc6037f93cca61d1746906b32019ed8aca0487eece3e54f4b66

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    Ok, Mega worked better this time.

Thanks so much! I finally have the OPK. It seems it has many tools on it. I will try preinstalling on a VM later.

• @SistemaRayoXP said:
    Ok, Mega worked better this time.

Link dead. reupload???