[Offer] Windows 3.1 Thundermedia .iso File

I'm pretty new here but wanted to try to contribute what I have...not sure if it's worth anything to anybody but I had this come with an old 386/486 (forgot exactly what computer it was) and I wasn't sure if anybody wanted a copy of it.

It's just Windows 3.1 but it's a CD which I thought was interesting. I've tested it by installing it to a VM and it seems to work fine.

If anybody knows more about the history of this disc that would be awesome too. I don't recall seeing windows 3.1 on many CDs...but maybe I just don't remember. I was only 10 or so at the time :)

https://mega.nz/#!5skjXIQC!k_DMlBnvwD8OSyDILXBV1_st9pyY-z9RbJjjIT-uCH8

Comments

• Microsoft never had Windows 3.1 for sale on CD.

• @robobox said:
    Microsoft never had Windows 3.1 for sale on CD.

I have a disk image for Windows 3.1 in CD-ROM format. But it's not actually real, it was made with MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network). But it did work when I used it to install Windows 3.1 in VirtualBox.

• I have a disk image for Windows 3.1 in CD-ROM format. But it's not actually real, it was made
    with MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network). But it did work when I used it to install Windows 3.1
    in VirtualBox.

I have such a CD in real :)

• edited November 2018

The files date from 1992-03-09 but some files date from 1992-12-08 or 1992-11-25. But they're only crappy wallpapers.

The most recent file is SETUP.INF with a date of 1992-12-09.

It looks real but it's not a official Microsoft disc.

• Computer Vendors have built their own installation media sometimes. Everything you figured out is evidence for this.

• there's in fact a ms-dos 6.2 vhd with cd drivers for VPC 2007 (maybe 2004?). installing windows 3.1 results the same thing without the ThunderMedia fluff.