Is WinWorld Blacklisted?

Just today when I went onto WinWorld, I got a message from McAfee SiteAdvisor saying "https://winworldpc.com may be risky to visit", and that they have detected exhibited risky behaviors on the site.

I found proof about this on the site report:

Site Report

Here’s why winworldpc.com/home could be risky

We scanned this site and found that it’s not as secure as it should be. Please click with caution.

About this site

Website category:

PUPs

According to the message, it said that PUPs stands for "Potentially Unwanted Programs".
Here's what the message said:

PUPs

Web pages that contain Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs). PUPs are often made for a beneficial purpose but they alter the security of a computer or the computer's user privacy. Computer users who are concerned about security or privacy might want to be informed about this software, and in some cases, they might want to remove this software from their computers.

So yeah, that's what I have encountered while trying to go on WinWorld. But then I just clicked "Accept the risk", because WinWorld is a website that I trust. Now, this might be a hoax because I did hear that McAfee SiteAdvisor (AKA McAfee WebAdvisor) has been criticized for incorrectly flagging websites with warning messages. So what I'm asking this, has this happened to anyone else on this site, or was it just me? Was it because of the site's downloads? I doubt that because I know WinWorld's downloads are safe.

Comments

• No issues here, though all I have is an old firewall (ZoneAlarm 6.5).

I wonder if McAfee tries to flag other abandonware sites.

• @win32 said:
    No issues here, though all I have is an old firewall (ZoneAlarm 6.5).

I wonder if McAfee tries to flag other abandonware sites.

Well, like I said, McAfee WebAdvisor is known for incorrectly flagging websites, sometimes for no reason. But I now I don't get their message anymore, it was only that one time it happened.

• Many of these types of programs like to toot their own horn periodically and scare you just to remind you how "valuable" they are. They are certainly not above censorship.

Please do report any issues. Although I don't know if anything can be done about stuff like that.

• Sounds like a false positive, which is what security softwares love to pull up often these days. Would you be able to whitelist the site though, so that you're not nagged about it again?

• Yeah, I think I'll remove McAfee SiteAdvisor from my browser and go with a better so called web crawler that actually does useful and realistic things. And yes, I am now able to have WinWorld whitelisted again.

• I use F-Secure, and that told me it's safe. Also McAfee sucks use either Malwarebytes or F-Secure.

• UPDATE: I no longer use McAfee SiteAdvisor. I now use Norton Security, which I got as a subscription very recently, and with that, I got the Chrome extension for Norton which is like McAfee SiteAdvisor, but better. So no more fake blacklistings :)