Microsoft Arcade 1.x

edited December 2018 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Arcade 1.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I was not able to install this on my Windows 3.1 machine. The installer just hangs at a blank screen near the end of the installation.

• To answer the "Technically these are Windows 3.0 applications, but the multimedia DLLs they need aren't present on 3.0. They might run on Windows 3.0 MME" question, it doesn't work in Windows 3.0 MME. The setup just closes instantly on load.

• @BF10 said:
    To answer the "Technically these are Windows 3.0 applications, but the multimedia DLLs they need aren't present on 3.0. They might run on Windows 3.0 MME" question, it doesn't work in Windows 3.0 MME. The setup just closes instantly on load.

Have you tried installing it on Windows 3.1, then copying the installed files over to your Windows 3.0 MME VM and testing it there? It might work this way.

• Just installed this Msft Arcade on my W311WG in Dosbox. Installed and played complete with sound ok.

• @KCompRoom2000 said:

@BF10 said:
    To answer the "Technically these are Windows 3.0 applications, but the multimedia DLLs they need aren't present on 3.0. They might run on Windows 3.0 MME" question, it doesn't work in Windows 3.0 MME. The setup just closes instantly on load.

Have you tried installing it on Windows 3.1, then copying the installed files over to your Windows 3.0 MME VM and testing it there? It might work this way.

I did, all games errors out with "This application requires a newer version of Windows".

• All the games work good. There's just some lag on all of them. Running in VirtualBox in Windows 10.