[REQUEST] Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of old macs sitting around and recently i've been attempting to revamp them. Unfortunately, my 10.5 disk is no longer working (for various reasons) so I need a fresh copy. I'm pretty sure it's old enough and unsupported enough to ask for.

-boyard33

Comments

• I might be wrong, but I think the PowerPC version of Leopard would do. Intel-based on the other hand, I really don't think so.

• 10.5 contains both PPC and Intel binaries. The last time the topic came up there was a desire to avoid the Intel versions here in order to avoid the "Hacintosh" crowd.

Besides DVD based software is just too damn large.

I thought one of the Mac sites had it posted (might be mistaken). But original DVDs are fairly cheap on eBay anyway and would be less hassle than slowly downloading and burning a DVD.

• I would need PowerPC, all of the older ones I own are PowerPC based (Several G4s, a G5, and more). Considering PowerPC was discontinued 13 years ago and the software for it 10 years ago, I think it would be plenty fine to put it up on WinWorld.

• What SomeGuy is saying is that Mac OS X 10.5 was distributed with both PowerPC and Intel (using universal binaries) on a single DVD. If you really want 10.5, try looking on some Macintosh abandonware sites (one of them does contain various Mac OS X releases, including ones not here).

• If it were me, I'd save myself a pile of time downloading and headache wondering if what I was downloading was tampered with by just heading over to eBay and grabbing some new disks. They have lots of them listed. Just ignore the eBidiots who want insane piles of money for something that sells for a few bucks. If you are a Mac collector, why wouldn't you want genuine disks?

• As a user of various PowerPC G4s, the 10.5 DVD is a universal binary for both PPC and Intel based Macs. Both Macintosh Repository and Macintosh Garden have the Dvd ISO (legit, not modified) for this, and yes, they are quite large.