Microsoft Word 6.x

edited December 2018 in Product Comments

imageMicrosoft Word 6.x

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• @SomeGuy it was word 6.0 not 6.0a

• the nice thing on such an emulator is that you can see things that you couldn't on real hardware:

09592824000i[FLOPPY] fd1: 'wfd/UTILITY.IMG' ro=1, h=2,t=80,spt=15
    10175250316i[FLOPPY] tried to write disk 1, which is write-protected
    [...]

Yea, microsoft is trying to write some stuff to my utility disk, without asking, i guess it is some registration information to bypass copying or not bypassing it but allowing it and then are able to find out who did it. Evil geniuses, but not smart enough because i put the disc in write protection mode because i did not intended to write on it, even so its virtual :)

but still i miss the classic floppy noise of my old system.

thanks for the people who uploaded here, i would never have found my original disks, possible mum tossed it long time ago...

• I cant open iso image. Needs a special program?

• edited December 2021
    is there any microsoft word for mac os release in spanish language ??
  • Microsoft Word 6.0 for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)
    Microsoft Word 6.0a for Windows (3.5-1.44mb)

They're faked image (Not dumped from original media as disk image.)
  • It would be more convenient to separate DOS, Mac and Windows versions of Word 6.0 the same way as it's done for previous versions.
  • Yea, that would probably work better in this case. Usually when releases for different platforms are made at the same time with the same version number, I lump them under one version number. It just happens 6.0 is pretty much the only time that happened with Word.