World's smallest CD-ROM

edited March 2019 in Software

I think this qualifies:
https://archive.org/details/Capture2_201903

586 KB! Have these people never heard of floppies? Too bad there were no AOL installers, Acrobat Reader or registration wizards to pad out the disk.

Comments

• Nope. Back when CD burning was very common, people were often blissfully unaware of how much or how little data they were putting on a CD. And they would shit themselves when I could tell them roughly how much data was on a CD just by holding it up to the light.

• @SomeGuy said:
    Nope. Back when CD burning was very common, people were often blissfully unaware of how much or how little data they were putting on a CD. And they would shit themselves when I could tell them roughly how much data was on a CD just by holding it up to the light.

I loved doing that. I was in high school and there was a spindle with a mix of blank and used (but unlabeled) discs sitting on a table. They were all mixed up and the teacher told me to figure out which ones had been used. He thought I was full of shit when I did it just by looking at them. I bet him $10 that I was right and you should have seen the look on his face when he lost lol

• And I thought this was a thread about mini 80mm cd/dvds. You know for those handicams.

Probably software once on a floppy, but someone thought it would be a good idea to put up an iso instead of a disk image.

But yeah in my place of work usb drives are forbidden, so there's a nice budget which ensures a steady supply of 60 disc spindles of dvds and cds.
    Then you realize my coworkers burn a few kb pdf on the disc and then toss it when done. What about the other 4 gb of space? So this habit still going on today.
    I usually burn, delete, burn and keep going until the either disc fails or I run out of space.

I remember the day I brought a dvd-rw into the office lol.