Ventura Publisher 3.0 for DOS-GEM

edited April 2019 in Product Comments

imageVentura Publisher 3.0 for DOS-GEM

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• When I try to use the first disk (in VM Virtualbox, Dos6.22), I get this message:
    Het is niet gelukt harde schijf bestand C:\Users\stef.pillaert\Desktop\Ventura Publisher 3.0 for DOS-GEM (3.5)\Xerox Ventura Desktop Publisher v3.0 for PC GEM (1990)(Ventura Software)(Disk 1 of 7).ima te openen.

Could not get the storage format of the medium 'C:\Users\stef.pillaert\Desktop\Ventura Publisher 3.0 for DOS-GEM (3.5)\Xerox Ventura Desktop Publisher v3.0 for PC GEM (1990)(Ventura Software)(Disk 1 of 7).ima' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED).

Resultaatcode:VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
    Component:MediumWrap
    Interface:IMedium {4afe423b-43e0-e9d0-82e8-ceb307940dda}
    Callee:IVirtualBox {9570b9d5-f1a1-448a-10c5-e12f5285adad}
    Callee RC: VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80BB0001)

• Ok, I corrected the disk image format and re-uploaded. Please try it again.

• edited April 2021
    Hi, this version will run on GEM ?, or is only for DOS with GEM Gui on it ?
  • On PCs, GEM was a GUI for DOS, rather than a standalone OS.
  • Pedantically, Windows 1.0-3.11 were also just GUIs rather than a standalone OS. Some of this stuff is hard to classify due to the way people used it.
  • Installed on a MS-DOS 6.22 machine in Virtualbox, working fine. I need only to add the line
    DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE
    to CONFIG.SYS
    I used Xerox Ventura 30 years ago; there was a beautiful add-on which gave the possibility of moving along the screen with the mouse, but I 'don'remember its name.
    Someone does?

It's the first time I manage to open again Xerox Ventura after 25 years... (then I used Corel Ventura, which I didn't like, and now Indesign...)
    It's terrific!