Apachie not working

edited April 2004 in Software
i have apachie 2.0.47 on my computer with windows xp pro.

my router (linksys Befw11s4 v2) seems to be blocking it, yet i fowarded the ip address to the same as what i set apachie for.
any reason this would happen?

Comments

• Well are you useing port 80 or port 8080?
    Did you set Apache to use your loopback or your IP or domain?
    Did you set the HTTPD.CONF correctly?
  • i used the all the default settings when i installed Apache, edited the httpd.conf file to use port 3000, and forwarded port 3000 in my router's config... everything works good, try that if you can't get it up
  • Why not use Abyss, since theres no gay editing text files, its all browser based, VERY similar to configuring a router...
  • You can edit the ascii file in abyss. If you look at the Abyss's config file and then look at the Apache config file it pretty much looks the same.
  • i use apache, i've used apache since i started using linux... apache came with the first linux distro i happend to try, i did some research on it, learned to do the basics, and when i went back to windows, installed and ran it there too... it works for me, and i don't find it to hard to edit ascii config files... reminds me of using DOS (editing autoexec.bat config.sys)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I find that it's best to stick with apache 1. I had some nutty problems with apache 2.
  • I havn't rean into any much problems with Apache2, The only thing I don't like about Apache2 is lots of the kick ass mods havn't been ported to it and are uncompatable.
  • Ok, I didnt like Apache cause you config it in an annoying way, plus sometimes it makes this DOS box open up and not close... I cant use Windows with an open DOS box all the time. All in all, I'm going to stick with Abyss Web Server because its working fine, and is as easy to configure as my router.
  • FishNET, Thats why you use Apache2. Apache2 goes into the systray instead of a DOS term window. Also theres a GUI program for it that makes it easy to config for n00bs.

Also IIS and Abyss can only support Perl, PHP and ASP. Apache supports all kinds of useful things like

Auth SQL
    Perl
    PHP
    ASP
    Python
    Coldfusion
    Tcl
    mod_perl
    deflate
    openssl

The list goes on. I'm going to make a howto for Apache for you guys.
  • And when is Fish/I ever going to use them?

-Q
  • I've had 6 offers from companys wanting me to host they're site that is a mixture of services but they turned me away when they found out I had DSL.

One of the companys was Jagaur Computers, They wanted to use coldfusion, php and some asp coding for they're site. Only so many hosting services support coldfusion and the ones that do support it wants like 1,000 a month.
  • the keyword was FISH/Q, not TCPMeta. :)
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    FishNET, Thats why you use Apache2. Apache2 goes into the systray instead of a DOS term window. Also theres a GUI program for it that makes it easy to config for n00bs.
    TCPMeta wrote:
    The only thing I don't like about Apache2 is lots of the kick ass mods havn't been ported to it and are uncompatable.

:|

-Q
  • I use apache 1, and I have no DOS window here! (woot)