Lotus SmartSuite 9.5

edited August 2019 in Product Comments

Lotus SmartSuite 9.5

WinWorld is an online museum dedicated to providing free and open access to one of the largest archives of abandonware software and information on the web.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Almost every IBM (and early Lenovo) ThinkPad from 2000 to 2008 ships with a licence for this particular version of SmartSuite, but not the media. Comes with an IBM ViaVoice runtime but is not very compatible with Office 97 documents while placing 7 icons in the system tray.

• @win32 said:
    Almost every IBM (and early Lenovo) ThinkPad from 2000 to 2008 ships with a licence for this particular version of SmartSuite, but not the media.

I'm pretty sure my ThinkPad T21 came with SmartSuite install media.

• edited August 2019

hmm. I was going by the Personal Systems Reference (http://ps-2.kev009.com/psref/tawbook.pdf), which mentions SmartSuite Millennium as being preloaded, but with no reference to media being provided (whereas MS Office was explicitly referenced as being on CD-ROM). Later ThinkPads are specified as having a licence but definitely not having it on CD-ROM.

I am sure that some out there questioned the use of buying a licence for software without a known way to obtain it; so I surmise that CD-ROMs were indeed distributed in spite of what that document says.