For My Windows 95 PC, I need an 256+ Colors video driver

edited January 2019 in Hardware

Hi, I want a working 256, 16-bit or 32-bit colors video card THAT WORKS and easy to install. if I said "THAT WORKS" is because that stupid MS-GIL never check his color driver to see if it works, then he never watch his youtube comments... >:/ if you guys you find for me a Video card like this with no black screen, 200 BILLION THANKS SO.
if you find one, put your download link below.
also guys It's 2019 and my favorite, Windows 2000 is born in 1999, so... HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY Windows 2000! :smiley:

Comments

• If i'm correct its not a VM right?

• edited January 2019

@TheTechWiz25 said:
    If i'm correct its not a VM right?

nah it's an old computer I've found in my garage, with Win 95 on it, but I also have a VM with win 95 so Yes And No :)
    Oh and it has The Last of The Last version of Win 95 and softwares installed on it :smiley:

• edited February 2019

"the last of the last" I'm guessing OSR2.5?

It is uncommon for any computer with Windows 95 not to automatically detect the display drivers installed on the system, assuming the card was supported at the date this version of Windows came out, in 1997.

You could probably use a diagnostic program to find out what video card is on your computer and install the appropriate drivers.

What do you mean by "200 billion" and "ms-gil"?

• @Nathan22587 reply:

i don't remember.
    but i checked it said Windows 95, OSR 2.5
    so yes The last of The last.
    "200 billion" = 200 billion thanks
    "MS-GIL" an Youtuber that made a video: "How to get 32-bit color in Windows 95, 98 or ME.
    but...
    On ME you do not need that lol
    So if you find one with No black screen glitch, THANK YOU

P.S.: sorry if i'm late

• What is your graphics card?

• edited June 2019

He hasn't been active since April so he may not respond but I will make a few general notes about graphic card support on Windows 95.

Backwards compatibility with Windows 3.x drivers will ensure that many graphic cards going back to the 1980s (including some EGA ones) will function, and for VGA/SVGA cards you should be golden. As you get into the 2000s support will start to dry up.

ATI drivers support Windows 95 through the desktop Radeon 8000 series, but Mobility Radeons don't work, which means you're stuck with the Mobility Rage.

NVIDIA desktop drivers are available through the Geforce 6000 series. I am not sure if the unofficial 7000 series drivers for 98/Me work on 95. I don't know about NVIDIA mobile cards but I guess that support ended earlier than for desktop.

S3 Savage cards, as crappy as they are, support Windows 95. After that they slid into irrelevance.

3dfx supported Windows 95 until the bitter end.

I have no idea about Matrox.

Corrections are welcome but if you want a graphics card to drive a win95 system here's a partial compatibility list.

• @Windows 2000 said:
    What is your graphics card?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with win32 on what he first said. You should probably check the post dates before posting. But I guess that was a relavent thing to add to the discussion. And win32 pretty much said it all.

• Fine. i'll do it myself.

• Can you also provide the specs of your hardware?

• But, it's October, and NONE gave me a graphics driver. Are you stupid or what?

• There is plenty of good, helpful information in this thread that will lead you to a video card you can use.

If you wanted drivers for your current card, which may or may not be available depending on its vintage, you should have answered the question that was asked over and over - what video card do you have?.

Since you have demonstrated that you are incapable of communicating, I'm locking this thread. Nobody is going to magically send you a driver for some mystery hardware.

Go troll somewhere else.

This discussion has been closed.